Update failed

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

buddybuilder
Starting Member
Starting Member

Update failed

Post by buddybuilder »

Dear techguru's,

I recently moved in a new house where the previous owner left me a Toon 1. I noticed that there was an update available so i let it update. At the end of the update i got pink screen with Update failed, please contact support [execute-erro-opk-upgrade] I don't have Eneco so asking them for help won't get me far.

I shutdown the Toon and let it boot up again. But it now it's stuck loading at around 25%.

I have been swooping around this form but i didn't really came across my issue(which probably did 1000x times).

So i was hoping you guys could help with fixing it. Is it possible to reinstall it in the state it's in?

Thanks in advance,

Kees
mAiden

Re: Update failed

Post by mAiden »

Hi,

You can send me a PB, will be happy to help you via teamviewer. :)
For this your Toon will need to connect to either a raspberry pi or a USB 3v3 UART.
Otherwise you have to send it to me so i can fix it, or to 1 of the members of TSC who can also make it for you.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

This is indeed a typical update failure which was 'introduced' latetly due to a too large update. The reason why I created this markplaats post: https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1421349920
You need to recover it. If you want you can do it yourself using the ToonRecovery script, but you will loose any history from the Toon (which is in your case not a problem as I understand). See viewtopic.php?f=95&t=12462

Or let mAiden help you :-)
buddybuilder
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by buddybuilder »

Great guys, thanks for the fast response!
buddybuilder
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by buddybuilder »

mAiden wrote:Hi,

For this your Toon will need to connect to either a raspberry pi or a USB 3v3 UART.
Otherwise you have to send it to me so i can fix it, or to 1 of the members of TSC who can also make it for you.
I am not able to send a PB yet. Is there another way you can help me out. I have a Toon and a raspberry pi.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

have you already rooted the Toon?
if not, use your PI and the full automatic root script.
then you can restore the Toon.
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

buddybuilder wrote:
mAiden wrote:Hi,

I am not able to send a PB yet. Is there another way you can help me out. I have a Toon and a raspberry pi.
will send you an e-mail via the forum, if you can, you can respond to my e-mail.

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”