Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Forum about Toon hardware, both versions 1 and 2 of Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

CrumNL
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Post by CrumNL »

Yes, that works. It's just that I didn't yet figure out how to actually use it ;)
The page is empty with regards to values when I've started it. I found an device ID database that says quby is 0001.
When I enter it, and initialize, I get errors and some emtpy value's as shown in the attached screenshot.

Since I don't know what I'm doing, I created a config dir where I put this file since ozwcp complains about no config found
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenZ ... by/qb2.xml)
But that doesn't work so I'll have to educate myself on the topic unless it should work right away when installed ?
Since it doesn't or I need to configure something that I haven't yet, idk.
Attachments
ozwcp.JPG
ozwcp.JPG (85.27 KiB) Viewed 10736 times
Templar

Post by Templar »

TheHogNL wrote:There is a page like http://toon-ip/hdrv_zwave/ But you can't do very much there.

But probably you have just simply a disconnect zwave antenna cable. In the toon 1 there are three antenna's. Two for the wifi and one for zwave. Both wifi antenna's have a black and white wire and are the longest wires. They connect to the pigtail on the wifi add-on chip. The zwave is also black but much shorter wire and connects to the pigtail just next to the jtag/serial pins. Also check the pigtail itself. I have seen some toons where the pigtail came loose from the mainboard.

And finally try to reinstall the zwave controller firmware (firmware-zwave-ctrlr) using opkg.
Hi TheHogNL,

I got an old Toon with firmware 2.6.33 with an older type meteradapter (6500-1200-4700 fw. 25/31). Hadn't been used since 2014. I was able to root the Toon and update to the current firmware 5.18.8. The keteladapter updated from fw 35 to 37. However the meteradapter lost it's connection during the updates, I had to reset (herstel) the adapter in order to connect with it again. But it's firmware is still version 25/31 instead of 35/39. How can I update the meteradapter firmware?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Templar wrote:
I got an old Toon with firmware 2.6.33 with an older type meteradapter (6500-1200-4700 fw. 25/31). Hadn't been used since 2014. I was able to root the Toon and update to the current firmware 5.18.8. The keteladapter updated from fw 35 to 37. However the meteradapter lost it's connection during the updates, I had to reset (herstel) the adapter in order to connect with it again. But it's firmware is still version 25/31 instead of 35/39. How can I update the meteradapter firmware?
It can't be updated further than that. It an too old meteradapter which lacks some hardware so it can't be used for modern smart meters and not for zonoptoon. Any reason you want to update it? Isn't it working for your smart meter?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Templar

Post by Templar »

TheHogNL wrote:
Templar wrote:
It can't be updated further than that. It an too old meteradapter which lacks some hardware so it can't be used for modern smart meters and not for zonoptoon. Any reason you want to update it? Isn't it working for your smart meter?
According to this list I found somewhere in these topics, it could get an upgrade to 35/37. Haven't tried using it yet, will do tomorrow when I install this Toon at a friends place. I wanted it fully updated when using the analog meter-readers. But my friend will most likely buy a correct meteradapter on MP which supports DSMR-5.0 because he has a smart meter installed recently.
meter adapter Firmware
PN: Z-wave/LPC *)

6500-1100-3301 14/21
6500-1100-3302
6500-1100-3303

6500-1102-0400 35/37
6500-1102-0401

6500-1200-47xx 35/39
6500-1300-7200

6500-1400-4900 36/43

6500-1400-6000 0.15/0.11
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Owh you could be right. I was just assuming you had an old version :)
If you hit the software button in the toon menu it should also check firmware updates for the meteradapter. But I am not very familiar with that proces yet. Could be that you must have a valid subscription for that, I am not sure.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

I hate to not knowing how it works.. so here it goes.

It is all within the toon itself, no servicecenter/VPN/subscription necessary.

Upon hitting software menu button the Toon will check if there is an update for the meteradapter. It then checks the file /qmf/data/firmware_ma/firmwareItems.xml and matches that with your current firmware of the meteradapter. If it is newer, it will update immediatly without user intervention.

You can request if there is an update with this command:
/qmf/bin/bxt -d :hdrv_p1 -s specific1 -n GetFirmwareUpdateStatus

If no update is available it should end with something like <status>0</status>
Templar

Post by Templar »

TheHogNL wrote:I hate to not knowing how it works.. so here it goes.
Thanks, /qmf/bin/bxt -d :hdrv_p1 -s specific1 -n GetFirmwareUpdateStatus worked. But the firmware didn't update.. Apparently it is the last version.
Last edited by Templar on Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Templar wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:I hate to not knowing how it works.. so here it goes.
Thanks, /qmf/bin/bxt -d :hdrv_p1 -s specific1 -n GetFirmwareUpdateStatus worked. But the firmware didn't update.. Apparently it is the last version.

Thanks.
That always works. But you have to look at the last few lines and check that <status> message.
Templar

Post by Templar »

TheHogNL wrote: That always works. But you have to look at the last few lines and check that <status> message.
It reported status 0.
Camino
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Camino »

I have a rooted Toon 1, Landis &Gyr E360 slimme meter,and a 6500-1102-0401 Meteradapter 35 037.
The meteradapter connects to the Toon, but no gas and power data are seen.
The firmware of the meteradapter does not upgrade to new version

I am a newbie, is it correct that this 35/37 does not work with this smart meter? I need a newer meteradapter?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

It depends on the version of the DSMR standard that's implemented in your kWh meter. Probably your kWh meter is too new to work with the old meter adapter.
Camino
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Camino »

What model(s) meteradapter should I go for?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Any meter adapter with the dual gas/district heating icons (in red) should do. You can ask TerrorSource, he's selling all kinds of Toon stuff at decent prices.
wirdo02
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by wirdo02 »

Hi Guys,

I've got a new meter (sagemcom xs210) from Enexis but I'm unable to get it working with Toon.

Steps tried:
- Replaced the meter adapter from the one with 1 flame to the one with 2 flames (friendly user from this forum recommended that)
- Replaced the cable (phonecable with 4 wires) between the meter and adapter.
- Manually tried to update the meter adapter but got status 0 (it provided me with an update when I added it to toon)
- Removed everything and re-added it.

I can link it just fine but it shows no sensors are found.
Does anyone have any suggestions? :)
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

- Replaced the cable (phonecable with 4 wires) between the meter and adapter.

to be sure check if the colored wiring is on the same place on both rj11 plugs, standard telephone cable has a twist p1 cable not.

Return to “Toon Hardware”