Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

dEADkIRK
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon app: Home Assistant controller

Post by dEADkIRK »

Toonz wrote:Hi all,

version 1.0.7 is available in the ToonStore.

Changelog:
- updated Tile layout for Toon 2 (thanks dEADkIRK for the pull request)

I haven't been able to test it myself as I am not using Homeassistant.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Thanks, will update the rest of the app as well. Look for a pull request soon.
Houtje76
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Houtje76 »

That would be very nice

T.I.A.
Raytestrak
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Raytestrak »

I think the documentation on GIT should be updated. According to github, that token needs to go in token.txt in /HCBv2/qml/apps/homeassistant. But according to the forum, it needs to go in homeassistant.token.txt in /mnt/data/tsc. The latter is the correct one, at least that works for me. Word of caution: when copy-pasting the LLA token in the token file, the first few character where missing. Took me a few tries before I noticed this.

Maybe not the correct place for this question, but does HomeAssistant also have sensors for Toon? I'm trying to find nice features to add to the app, but I'm struggling to find good stuff in my HA config. My previous thermostat had sensors for humidity, temperature, target temperature, operation mode etc. Most of this stuff you already see in toon, but it's better than nothing or my sensors (number of ads blocked, disk status of my nas, that sort of stuff).

I also have a question for the buttons part. For now, I have three buttons configured. Lowering my sunscreen, raising my sunscreen and turning off all the lights. The first button turns green when I push it and stays active. The second and third button don't turn green when I press them and also stay active even when I press them again. Strange behaviour. The sunscreen should be a toggle, but I still need to figure that out.
kurniawan77
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by kurniawan77 »

I cant seem to get the clock widget working when the screen is on.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (257.14 KiB) Viewed 10234 times
It does work when the screen is dimmed.
Capturedark.PNG
Capturedark.PNG (168.88 KiB) Viewed 10234 times
Or is it suppose to do so....?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Does anyone else have issues with using this app? I've created a Github issue but the developer doesnt use the Toon anymore.

https://github.com/Luc-S/Toon-HASS/issues/22
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

I just tried setting up it, had some issues at first because of the incorrect URL. (wrong HA-instance... I have a few...)

It seems to be working fine now. It shows values from HA properly.

I enabled debug as per the developer's suggestion in HomeAssistantApp.qml
The app checks the connection after saving the options, and shows the logtext in a widget (both success and failures). Does that give you any errors?

Did you paste the token from HA correctly? HA shows a notification if you fail to supply the proper token in the sidebar.
nick1984
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nick1984 »

I had also the problem with the time when the screen was activated.

I make change in te HomeassistantTile.qml file on my Toon
https://github.com/Luc-S/Toon-HASS/blob ... ntTile.qml

Code: Select all

vi /HCBv2/qml/apps/homeassistant/HomeassistantTile.qml
Text {
id: txtTimeBig
text: app.timeStr
color: colors.clockTileColor
anchors {
left: parent.left
leftMargin: 10
baseline: parent.top
baselineOffset: 54
}
font.pixelSize: dimState ? qfont.clockFaceText : qfont.timeAndTemperatureText - 4
font.family: qfont.regular.name
visible: app.clockTile ? true : false
}

After a restart of the gui, the time was back. I think something was wrong with the auto scale for Toon 2.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

I used hacs in my Home Assistant you can find it here: https://github.com/hacs/integration and in HACS you will find something like an app-store to install plugins etc and I used the TOON plugin from there:

https://github.com/cyberjunky/home-assi ... on_climate

No issue at moment with it...
X1pheR
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by X1pheR »

dEADkIRK wrote:
Toonz wrote:Hi all,

version 1.0.7 is available in the ToonStore.

Changelog:
- updated Tile layout for Toon 2 (thanks dEADkIRK for the pull request)

I haven't been able to test it myself as I am not using Homeassistant.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Thanks, will update the rest of the app as well. Look for a pull request soon.
Did you ever got it fixed? I have a Toon 2 and would love to have the layout fixed.

Also anybody got this to work with an alarm? I'm using using https://github.com/akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm but the alarm panel on the toon doesn't do anything. Anybody know how to get it fixed?
Arcidodo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Arcidodo »

i created an extra widget "HomeAssistantPlusTile" to have 8 sensors on the display instead of 4 sensors and the Home Assistent Logo or the clock ;-)

https://github.com/arcidodo/Toon-HASS/t ... eassistant

maybe there is another way to do it, but this works for me:-)
Ossegek
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Ossegek »

ok, little question.
I installed this app, neatly created a long life token, copied it into a token.txt file and copied it into the correct dir. Unfortunately I keep getting the message via HA on the PC

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from Toon-Thermostat.lan (192.168.1.120) (Mozilla / 5.0)

What is doing / going wrong?
Wummeke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Wummeke »

Ossegek wrote:ok, little question.
I installed this app, neatly created a long life token, copied it into a token.txt file and copied it into the correct dir. Unfortunately I keep getting the message via HA on the PC

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from Toon-Thermostat.lan (192.168.1.120) (Mozilla / 5.0)

What is doing / going wrong?
See this post: https://domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php? ... =75#p92440 and this post: https://domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php? ... =75#p93336
The location in the documentation on Github is incorrect unfortunately. The token.txt file should be named homeassistant.token.txt and placed in /mnt/data/tsc
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

What password do I need to enter?
multispeedzz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by multispeedzz »

Is het ook mogelijk om een schakelaar te maken met een up en down mogelijkheid zodat ik vanuit het scherm ook mijn zonnescherm aan kan sturen ?
HAschakelaar.PNG
HAschakelaar.PNG (63.15 KiB) Viewed 6869 times
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Hello, probably a noob question...but i'm notvthe only one asking is saw :- )

I have installed Home Assistant on the rooted toon 2, but i have no oppurtunity to give a password.
Can somebody help me please?

When i use a browser and go to 192.168.1.x and use name AND password it works fine.

Is it correct i have to copy a 'key' (via putty) from the toon and use that key somewhere within the settings?

Thanks

EDIT:

Found a answer here: https://github.com/Luc-S/Toon-HASS

I have to:

You need to manually generate a long-lived access token from your Home Assistant system and add this token to the "token.txt" file on your Toon. This file is located at /HCBv2/qml/apps/homeassistant/. To generate a token navigate to your user profile in the Home Assistant gui and scroll down to the bottom where you see "Long-Lived Access Tokens" (and press generate). The password textbox can be left empty.

But the queston is: There is no TOKEN.TXT file in that folder, i did generate a key and rebooted the Toon, but the file doesn't appear.

WORKS!
Found out that i have to do: vi homeassistant.token.txt via putty within the Toon. So that part is done!

Return to “Toon Apps”