Toon q Opentherm

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Merc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon q Opentherm

Post by Merc »

Hi all,
I have got a rather general question. Tried searching the forum fist and looking into the Toon manual, but that did not take me very far so I trust you know all about this and can possibly help me a bit.

I just discovered that I could switch the Toon from the on/off method to Opentherm. I have got a Remeha Avanta CV ketel.

Now my question is would I want to do that and what would it improve, or not?
Would this lead to a more efficient energy consumption or what is the actual difference?

Or is this even possible without further hardware etc?

Would appreciate your help and input.

Thanks a lot,

Merc
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon q Opentherm

Post by TheHogNL »

Merc wrote:Hi all,
I have got a rather general question. Tried searching the forum fist and looking into the Toon manual, but that did not take me very far so I trust you know all about this and can possibly help me a bit.

I just discovered that I could switch the Toon from the on/off method to Opentherm. I have got a Remeha Avanta CV ketel.

Now my question is would I want to do that and what would it improve, or not?
Would this lead to a more efficient energy consumption or what is the actual difference?

Or is this even possible without further hardware etc?

Would appreciate your help and input.

Thanks a lot,

Merc
There is enough information on the internet if opentherm is efficient for energy consumption and what is is for comfort.
Don't think we need to discuss that here again.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Merc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Merc »

OK, I was hoping for a opinion on a forum where I guess these kind of statements are rather objective and not driven by whatever somebody running a private blog might get when writing a nice positive review.

In any case, what I would still like to know is what kind of settings make sense in the Opentherm mode?
I can see that the standard is set to 90degC and 3degC/hour.
At the moment my CV kettel is set to 60degC. Would I then also set the Opentherm to 60degC or would it find out on its own what the best temeperature is.
Sorry for the dumb questions but in the Toon manual there is no further explanation on this.

Cheers,

merc
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Merc wrote:OK, I was hoping for a opinion on a forum where I guess these kind of statements are rather objective and not driven by whatever somebody running a private blog might get when writing a nice positive review.

In any case, what I would still like to know is what kind of settings make sense in the Opentherm mode?
I can see that the standard is set to 90degC and 3degC/hour.
At the moment my CV kettel is set to 60degC. Would I then also set the Opentherm to 60degC or would it find out on its own what the best temeperature is.
Sorry for the dumb questions but in the Toon manual there is no further explanation on this.

Cheers,

merc
Just keep it as is. Opentherm will be then limited to 60 max from those settings. But that is ok. Only problem with opentherm on the Toon is that is sometimes takes too long to start a new heating cycle as it is requesting a too low temperature which the boiler can't provide (25-35 degrees). It than takes a while for the room temp to drop and the Toon asking a higher temp. This depends on the boiler capabilities as there are a few boilers which can produce those low temps.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Merc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Merc »

Thanks for the reply and explanation. I have switched to Opentherm now and will see what happens in terms of temperature and gas consumption.

Cheers,

Merc

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”