IP camera stream on TV

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

IP camera stream on TV

Post by TANE »

Hi All,
I have some non Ip cameras that are connected to my TV.
With one click I can see the live streams from different camera's.

I like to replace the non IP cameras with Ip cameras (wifi)
How can i see the streams on my TV.
Via Computer is not a option..I have a MCE switching to the MCE and selecting the correct camera in a browser takes to much time for short view..

HS 2.2.66 - Plug-ins:
ACT TI103, ActiveBackup, BLEditor, DooNetwork, PowerTrigger, IRtrans, Prontonic, RFXCOM, Rover, Netcam, QuickView, JonControl
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

IP camera stream on TV

Post by Snelvuur »

i know of those frontdoor camera's at flats, that you can see who's in front of your door by putting on a channel on t.v. (on your normal cable) there are devices that put that signal from the camera on your cable. Checked google , but dont know the correct name for it. But they are there for sure..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

IP camera stream on TV

Post by Snelvuur »

Just read up on this item, bit overkill but you get the idea what i'am seeking for ..

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/01/zeev ... your-hdtv/

Startup ZeeVee isn't out to flood the market with yet another ho hum media streamer, it's out to change the way you look at 'em. The June-bound ZvBox ($499) plugs into one's computer (VGA) and sends on-screen content to every TV in the house over existing coaxial cabling. Put simply, the unit enables users to view any kind of internet media right on their television with no subscription fees or wireless dropouts. Aside from bringing internet video over, users can also access any other computer application (web browser, built-in DVD player, etc.) right from their set. In order to handle said tasks, the box comes bundled with a wireless ZvRemote / Zviewer, but those comfortable with managing their own desktop won't be bothered with any fancy interfaces. Suffice to say, those looking to easily pipe their Media PC recordings to the family TV will certainly find reason to take notice. Head on the past the break for a few more details.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

IP camera stream on TV

Post by MindBender »

Hi Chak,

As long as your cameras offer a composite video signal somewhere, you could connect it to your TV set, either directly on its Scart (or RCA) or on its antenna input through a modulator.

However, most modern camera products such as USB cameras and IP cameras don't have an analogue videosignal available anywhere, making your wish very difficult to realize. I had the same wish and I have solved the problem by using an IP video server that connects to a regular surveilance camera. Ideally you'd need a video server that offers a video output too, but with a simple distribution amplifier you could also split the video signal to connect it to both your TV and a video server.

If you're planning to use a dedicated IP camera, I'm afraid you will be needing a computer to show the image on your TV. Or an X-Box, or a thin client, or ...
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

IP camera stream on TV

Post by Bwired »

Chak,
Did you look for a plugin on your Windows mediacenter, then it's possible to integrate the camera streams completely without switching channels.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

IP camera stream on TV

Post by TANE »

Thanks for the info.
I will check the plugins for MCE.
At the moment I'm using the video server from Aviosys.
The new Cameras will have direct IP. (Wifi)
cabling from the different rooms in not possible...

Other option is to display the video on the Pronto Pro and Nokia N810.

HS 2.2.66 - Plug-ins:
ACT TI103, ActiveBackup, BLEditor, DooNetwork, PowerTrigger, IRtrans, Prontonic, RFXCOM, Rover, Netcam, QuickView, JonControl
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

IP camera stream on TV

Post by Snelvuur »

http://www.zeevee.com/ seems to have had a update.. (i think)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

IP camera stream on TV

Post by drmacchi »

Hi Chack i'm having same need! i should add some cameras and don't want to buy rg58(coaxial) cams with a ip-dvr (now i have many cams with already an ip-dvr that can be seen both on any tv and pc in the home) why not the same solution i already have?
1) price , new ip-dvr is 600 + plus cam price
2) this cams are normal , no ptz and i need a cheap ptz so an ip-cam is a must!
how to connect these ip-cams to tvs without pc? i don't see the wayout....lets work on!
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

IP camera stream on TV

Post by TANE »

My Focus is DLNA

Sony doesn't have support for video streaming, which will come in 2009, according to Sakamoto. Another missing piece of the puzzle is built-in support for wireless networking in TVs. Today, wired Ethernet is the name of the game. Users can add an adapter to get wireless access, but it's only a question of time before Wi-Fi shows up in TV's.

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/258 ... 4&fpid=295

I have the Sony W4500...hope this one can be upgraded with new firmware.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

IP camera stream on TV

Post by drmacchi »

DLNA it's the way , i know that , but it means that every tv must be >2.000 euros each one! with this budget, every solution can be achieved...i have still some crt tvs, can't change all them! (off topic; 40-42 new lcd have minimum 200w power consumption, all this to see security cams?it's too much for me, my 32" crt, 100Hz, uses 70w , and a little 15" uses 15w !....)
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

IP camera stream on TV

Post by drmacchi »

what about using a PSP slim&lite (only 170euros and a few seconds to startup)? it has AV output and can surf internet? someone does know anything about internet surfing with psp? (java support, etc..)
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

IP camera stream on TV

Post by TANE »

What I'm looking for:

Watch the kids camera's on the TV with just one simple click on the remote..
or
When the front door bell rings auto switch to the camera at the front door.
I have a MCE connected to the TV..this will just take to long for viewing the actual picture.

The reverse Axis box is one of the best solutions..
Barlow
Starting Member
Starting Member

IP camera stream on TV

Post by Barlow »

You may want to take a look at this MCE plugin:
VLC Player: http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40556
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

IP camera stream on TV

Post by Edwin2008 »

if you're tv has an ethernet connection then a perhaps strange way to workaround is via a slimdevices (nowadays logitech) squeezebox. It is ment for connecting an audio server to audio equipment but it has wifi and ethernet connection. You can use it (according to the manual) for connecting an ethernet device to a wifi network.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

IP camera stream on TV

Post by Snelvuur »

squeezebox does not do video..

// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”