Ultimate Doorbell button

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
raymonvdm

Ultimate Doorbell button

Post by raymonvdm »

Once in a while my wife asks me for a new doorbell button :D This is usually the case when DHL is delivering a package and do not wait for a response on the door long enough. They think the doorbell is not working because there is no confirmation on the actual button press.

A wild thought was to create a vibrating floor tile just as they did here but i think the locale neighbourdwarfs start ringing for fun :D

So i might need another solution....

Current button
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
AshaiRey

Re: Ultimate Doorbell button

Post by AshaiRey »

Isn't this an option to turn on/off the light a few times in the hall or outside next to the door?
Bram
raymonvdm

Re: Ultimate Doorbell button

Post by raymonvdm »

AshaiRey wrote:Isn't this an option to turn on/off the light a few times in the hall or outside next to the door?
It is possible to do this, but i would like to have a catchy gimmik
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”