new IP camera's from Marmitek

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

pleaseask

Post by pleaseask »

Hi,

Has anybody experience with the new IP camera's from marmitek?
What about the quality?

There are 4 types:
IP Eye Anywhere 10 wired
IP Eye Anywhere 11 wireless
IP Eye Anywhere 20 wired USB
IP Eye Anywhere 21 wireless USB
[:D]

Webmaster note: Pleaseask, please keep this topic in English!
pleaseask

Post by pleaseask »

Oke. I will keep it in english, sorry[:I]
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

I'm afraid not. I have plenty of experience with WebEye video servers and I know a lot of people here use Axis video servers. I have used one too for a while, but I wanted all my servers to be the same, so I parted from it. Though it's quality is good; You can't go wrong with Axis.
These video servers are all limited to PAL resolution (at best) because the use an external video camera. Pieter has a high resolution webcam installed which offers much more detail, but the camera is integrated.
About Marmitek; I suppose 'what you pay is what you get' goes here too. "The bitterness of poor-quality remains long after the sweetness low-price has gone." My experiences with Marmitek aren't that good, but it does what it needs to do.
From the other hand; My video servers use Wavelet compression for their images, which is good for security purposes because it's not as 'lossy' as MPEG/JPEG and it still produces small files. But it's not as compatible as JPEG because you need an Active-X plugin in your browser to view the picture. Besides that, nobody here cares about size because we all have plenty of storage capacity.
So considered all pros and cons, you may be off just as well with a Marmitek [;)]
Peterpc

Post by Peterpc »

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”