Fully automated rooting script

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, TerrorSource, Toonz

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby Monoposto013 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:23 am

Aaah, don't know what happened, but lost my chrony.conf :oops: completely empty..

What to do? Just wanted to make modifications to the timeserver.
Monoposto013
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: October 2019

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby TheHogNL » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:33 am

Monoposto013 wrote:Aaah, don't know what happened, but lost my chrony.conf :oops: completely empty..

What to do? Just wanted to make modifications to the timeserver.


In the chrony.ipk package there is a new fresh conf for you.

Just start the update-rooted.sh script with option -o (to open the VPN and setup the opkg repository for you). Then type:
Code: Select all
opkg update
opkg remove --force-depends chrony
opkg install chrony
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: August 2017

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby Monoposto013 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:58 am

TheHogNL wrote:
Monoposto013 wrote:Aaah, don't know what happened, but lost my chrony.conf :oops: completely empty..

What to do? Just wanted to make modifications to the timeserver.


In the chrony.ipk package there is a new fresh conf for you.

Just start the update-rooted.sh script with option -o (to open the VPN and setup the opkg repository for you). Then type:
Code: Select all
opkg update
opkg remove --force-depends chrony
opkg install chrony


Worked like a charm! Thanks!!

I'm still struggling with what to do next?
Rooted the Toon using the automated script, but have seen a lot of modifications in this forum and elsewhere on the internet.
-I would like the Toon not to ping quby
-use a different timeserver
-enable all the Toon/Eneco features including Zon
-install the Toonstore

Where to start? I mean, is this all done through SSH? Are there scripts available to make these adjustments?
Any help is welcome :P
Monoposto013
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: October 2019

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby TheHogNL » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Monoposto013 wrote:I'm still struggling with what to do next?
Rooted the Toon using the automated script, but have seen a lot of modifications in this forum and elsewhere on the internet.
-I would like the Toon not to ping quby
-use a different timeserver
-enable all the Toon/Eneco features including Zon
-install the Toonstore

Where to start? I mean, is this all done through SSH? Are there scripts available to make these adjustments?
Any help is welcome :P


That is what the update-rooted.sh -f option is for :-)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: August 2017

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby Monoposto013 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:05 pm

TheHogNL wrote:That is what the update-rooted.sh -f option is for :-)


POWERFUL!! Great work, hats off!! This is even better than I thought :D
Monoposto013
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: October 2019

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby Knol010 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:02 am

Ishimaru wrote:Hi,

can someone help me with this issue?

root@raspberrypi:~/ToonRooter# sudo python . --jtag-available
INFO:__main__:Starting up...
CRITICAL:__main__:Cannot autodetect jtag hardware

root@raspberrypi:~/ToonRooter# sudo python . --jtag-hardware rpi3
INFO:__main__:Starting up...
INFO:__main__:Written private and public key pair to ./id_rsa and ./id_rsa.pub, respectively
INFO:rooter:Waiting for Toon to restart
--- waiting forever :-) --

root@raspberrypi:~/ToonRooter# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 38.40
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xd03
CPU revision : 4

processor : 1
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 38.40
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xd03
CPU revision : 4

processor : 2
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 38.40
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xd03
CPU revision : 4

processor : 3
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 38.40
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xd03
CPU revision : 4

Hardware : BCM2835
Revision : 2a02082
Serial : 0000000003d4f64b


I have the same problem and don't no what now.
I checked the wiring 1000 times. When I try to root without the script I can change uboot and get in the root shell. I then get stuck with the internet connection...
Knol010
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 2019

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby TheHogNL » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Most users forget to disable the serial console on the raspberry pi (using raspi_config). That results in the toonrooter and the serial console using the serial port at the same time.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: August 2017

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby Knol010 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:26 am

TheHogNL wrote:Most users forget to disable the serial console on the raspberry pi (using raspi_config). That results in the toonrooter and the serial console using the serial port at the same time.


Now I get this message:

pi@raspberrypi:~/ToonRooter $ sudo python . --jtag-hardware rpi3
INFO:__main__:Starting up...
INFO:__main__:Written private and public key pair to ./id_rsa and ./id_rsa.pub, respectively
INFO:rooter:Waiting for Toon to restart
INFO:rooter:Toon has U-Boot version 2010.09-R10
ERROR:rooter:Unable to log in using password (need JTAG, but it's disabled)

I have a JTAG and I can flash the boot loader with that, but when I done that and press the reset button in the root shell nothing happens so I can't go on from there neither.
Knol010
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 2019

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby TheHogNL » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:56 am

Knol010 wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:Most users forget to disable the serial console on the raspberry pi (using raspi_config). That results in the toonrooter and the serial console using the serial port at the same time.


Now I get this message:

pi@raspberrypi:~/ToonRooter $ sudo python . --jtag-hardware rpi3
INFO:__main__:Starting up...
INFO:__main__:Written private and public key pair to ./id_rsa and ./id_rsa.pub, respectively
INFO:rooter:Waiting for Toon to restart
INFO:rooter:Toon has U-Boot version 2010.09-R10
ERROR:rooter:Unable to log in using password (need JTAG, but it's disabled)

I have a JTAG and I can flash the boot loader with that, but when I done that and press the reset button in the root shell nothing happens so I can't go on from there neither.


You need to add "--jtag-available" as commandline option
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: August 2017

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby Knol010 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:19 am

TheHogNL wrote:
Knol010 wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:Most users forget to disable the serial console on the raspberry pi (using raspi_config). That results in the toonrooter and the serial console using the serial port at the same time.


Now I get this message:

pi@raspberrypi:~/ToonRooter $ sudo python . --jtag-hardware rpi3
INFO:__main__:Starting up...
INFO:__main__:Written private and public key pair to ./id_rsa and ./id_rsa.pub, respectively
INFO:rooter:Waiting for Toon to restart
INFO:rooter:Toon has U-Boot version 2010.09-R10
ERROR:rooter:Unable to log in using password (need JTAG, but it's disabled)

I have a JTAG and I can flash the boot loader with that, but when I done that and press the reset button in the root shell nothing happens so I can't go on from there neither.


You need to add "--jtag-available" as commandline option



When i only use --jtag avaiable i get:
pi@raspberrypi:~/ToonRooter $ sudo python . ---jtag-available
INFO:__main__:Starting up...
CRITICAL:__main__:Cannot autodetect jtag hardware

So i have to combine jtag avaiable and jtag hardware?
How do i do that?

Thanks
Knol010
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 2019

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby TheHogNL » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 am

Knol010 wrote:
When i only use --jtag avaiable i get:
pi@raspberrypi:~/ToonRooter $ sudo python . ---jtag-available
INFO:__main__:Starting up...
CRITICAL:__main__:Cannot autodetect jtag hardware

So i have to combine jtag avaiable and jtag hardware?
How do i do that?

Thanks


I did say you needed to add the option. It is really not that hard...

sudo python . --jtag-hardware rpi3 ---jtag-available
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: August 2017

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby Knol010 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 pm

TheHogNL wrote:
Knol010 wrote:
When i only use --jtag avaiable i get:
pi@raspberrypi:~/ToonRooter $ sudo python . ---jtag-available
INFO:__main__:Starting up...
CRITICAL:__main__:Cannot autodetect jtag hardware

So i have to combine jtag avaiable and jtag hardware?
How do i do that?

Thanks


I did say you needed to add the option. It is really not that hard...

sudo python . --jtag-hardware rpi3 ---jtag-available


For me it is. Thanks it worked nu Toon is rooted now!
Knol010
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: November 2019

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby TheHogNL » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Knol010 wrote:For me it is. Thanks it worked nu Toon is rooted now!


Welcome to the club ;-)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: August 2017

Previous

Return to Toon Rooting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest