Whole House Video

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
R@st@
Starting Member
Starting Member

Whole House Video

Post by R@st@ »

One part of my automation project regards the distribution of video in the house, and IR control.
For that purpous i will pre-distibute, 2 coax cables per room that will go down to the "Node 0". From my prelimanary count and not including the coax wires that could be used for security cameras, i'll end up with 14 separate cables in the cabinet.
I've seen multiple solutions, but still not sure what i'll use. Do you guys have any experience with this kind of set-up.

Cheers
R@st@
Starting Member
Starting Member

Whole House Video

Post by R@st@ »

Kind of silly to respond to your own question but in my case and because of the youth of the forum, just thought it would be a good way to do it.
So here we go http://www.swhowto.com/CWP_Ch1.htm , shows a wiring diagram very much similar to what i'll use in the node 0, in what regards to video distribution.

Cheers R@st@
Niknik

Whole House Video

Post by Niknik »

É bom ver mais compatriotas a tornar as suas casa "inteligentes"! ;)

I also struggled a lot trying to figure it out a few years ago, while my apartment was in construction.
Eventually I decided for a different approach, using a "media box/PC" next to each TV. That way, having ethernet (wired or wireless) is enough.
Of course, having that cabling cabinet is always a good option and allows for some flexibility.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”