Toon firmware resource file (as from 4.16.8)

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderator: marcelr

Re: Toon firmware resource file (as from 4.16.8)

Postby mAiden » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:28 pm

TheHogNL wrote:
mAiden wrote:I use this one to read the water meter.
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17123

Dont know yet how to get it on a title on Toon. Will be nice, if that can.

No. Or not until someone makes an app for that. However their is now native support in the Toon (quby app) for that but that needs a water meter zwave module as said before. You have close contact within Eneco mAiden as far as I understand. Do you have more information about that water meter support?

I have ask some people about this one. If i have more information, i let you know.

Its possible to use water titles on Toon, then need to know how i can fill them with setrradata. I have not been able to find url yet.
mAiden

Postby Toonz » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi all,

The first post has been updated to reflect the changes in the resources files I just uploaded (created by TheHogNL).
We have included my homescreen rotate mod and added an option to disable the Toon/Boxx logo.
For screenprints see the first post.

Existing resource file users can manually download the resource file for their version and overwrite the existing one.
If you have suggestions for mods to be included in future releases please post them here....

Kind regardz,

Toonz & TheHogNL
Toonz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby TheHogNL » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:46 am

On thing to note. Don't try to install a resource file from another firmware version then what your Toon is running. You really need the same resource file as the firmware on your toon.
The toon software is tightly connected with the QT apps (resource files). Thinks will break if you don't match them.
TheHogNL

Postby makkie2002 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:42 pm

I understand the main default apps or now in the resource files. Does this mean that I can delete the directories in the apps folder?

This is how my apps folder now looks like.

Code: Select all
airQuality               customerService          inbox                    strvSettings             toonstore-1.1.5          webcam-1.0.2
benchmark                domesticHotWater         installWizard            systemSettings           traffic                  winwit
boilerMonitor            eMetersSettings          internetSettings         temperaturelogger        wastecollection
buienradar               graph                    settings                 temperaturelogger-1.3.2  wastecollection-4.4
buienradar-8.3.5         heatRecovery             smokeDetector            thermostat               weather
clock                    homescreen               solar                    thermostatSettings       weatherInt
controlPanel             imageViewer              statusUsage              toonstore                webcam

Can I delete the clock / homescreen / solar / inbox etc? They should be part of the resource file, right?

BTW ... how did you manage to edit the resource file?
makkie2002

Postby Toonz » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:53 pm

No , you can't delete the folders. For whatever dark reason Quby decided that the language files are not part of the resource files.
(language files are in the lang subfolder for each app)
Toonz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby TheHogNL » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:59 pm

makkie2002 wrote:BTW ... how did you manage to edit the resource file?

That is something we don't want to reveal (yet). It may bring Quby to ideas to further limit our possibilities.

Our only goal is to use the Toon just that bit more than that they are providing. If they would only allow custom apps to be installed (just like android and apple does), we probably would not have any reason to do this all. Heck, I would even pay some money each month for a good service. Allowing me to use the apps and other stuff they provide.

From a security point installing custom apps is not that big deal. It would make the Toon even a better product. Think of ANY thermostat in the world which allows users to create their own apps for it? Yes, they have the API, but that is only to connect from the outside. The apps we make are there to be visible on the Toon itself.

Quby are you reading this? :roll: Why do you think android and apple got so big and nokia failed after being the biggest mobile phone company? Yes, because they provided a platform on which apps could be installed created by others.
TheHogNL

Postby Toonz » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:22 pm

TheHogNL wrote:Quby are you reading this? :roll: Why do you think android and apple got so big and nokia failed after being the biggest mobile phone company? Yes, because they provided a platform on which apps could be installed created by others.

I asked the Quby guy on the web event evening in May in Rotterdam about this.
He said they don't allow third party apps because they do not have a mechanism/process/people to control the quality of the apps nor the potential impact on the performance and stability of Toon.
Apple and Google finance all of this by means of their commision (30% of all sales).
But Quby doesn't even have an app store, payment solution or charging mechanism in place to cover the extra (quality control) costs.
On the other hand, we are not talking about hundreds of apps.....
I won't see it happening anytime soon...
Toonz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby pkaak » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:25 pm

My toon is at firmware 4.16.8

Bought it from a member here, and the resource file was already backed up, but didn't have the TSC tab in settings.
So I updated it to the latest version on the download page. But after restarting the screen has a strange spacing between items (/boxes). Resulting in the right/lower parts going off screen.
That seems not be right. So is it a fault in the resource file or something in my config?
pkaak
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby TheHogNL » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Can you post a photo?
TheHogNL

Postby Toonz » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:57 pm

pkaak wrote:My toon is at firmware 4.16.8

Bought it from a member here, and the resource file was already backed up, but didn't have the TSC tab in settings.
So I updated it to the latest version on the download page. But after restarting the screen has a strange spacing between items (/boxes). Resulting in the right/lower parts going off screen.
That seems not be right. So is it a fault in the resource file or something in my config?

Hi, TheHogNL confirmed that I have made a copy/paste error... :-(
I have uploaded the correct version of the resource file for 4.16.8.
Can you download it again and let me know if this indeed resolved your issue?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

(Edit: resource file for 4.18.8 corrected as well)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Toonz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby Toonz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi all,

Resource files for Toon 2 users have been added for all firmwares.
And resource files for firmware 4.20 have been added for both Toon 1 and 2.

See first post for more details.

Kind regardz,

Toonz & TheHogNL
Toonz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby TheHogNL » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:23 pm

To add, 4.20.7 is not officially released by Eneco so I advice not to install it.
Just wait for the official announcement. Maybe it contains bugs and the real release will be like 4.20.8 or something.
TheHogNL

Previous

Return to Toon Firmware