Switching “vloerverwarming pomp” using domoticz and toon

Forum about the tweaking of the Eneco Toon.

Moderator: marcelr

Switching “vloerverwarming pomp” using domoticz and toon

Postby Jjhendrickx » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:20 am

Dear forum-members,

After reading this excellent forum, I have a question before I start from scratch :) .

I would like to turn on my “vloerverwarming pomp”/underfloor heating pump, using domoticz and toon. I have a working domoticz installation, and an normal Toon, without subscription. I would like to root-toon, and then using a domoticz script to controlle a Z-wave switch on the pump.

Is there a variable that is avaible in domoticz/rooted-toon, to check if the CV is heating? Or is it easiest way, check if the requested temperature>room temperature?

Kind regards,
Jan-Jaap

Ps. I know a “pompschakelaar” is probably easier, cheaper and faster, but not as nice :D
Jjhendrickx
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Switching “vloerverwarming pomp” using domoticz and toon

Postby Rudolf » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:05 am

I think the boiler-status app provides some stats from the boiler/OpenTherm; i.e. you could check the modulation level to see if it's heating.
Both current room-temperature and setpoint are available too.

Like this:
{"sampleTime":"18-06-2018 11:03:00","boilerSetpoint":0,"roomTempSetpoint":12,"boilerPressure":0,"roomTemp":24.29,"boilerOutTemp":0,"boilerInTemp":0,"boilerModulationLevel":0}

My Toon is not connected to the boiler, so the values don't make sense. (still testing in the attic...)

Domoticz-scripts can parse these values and act accordingly.
Rudolf

Re: Switching “vloerverwarming pomp” using domoticz and toon

Postby TheHogNL » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Rudolf wrote:I think the boiler-status app provides some stats from the boiler/OpenTherm; i.e. you could check the modulation level to see if it's heating.
Both current room-temperature and setpoint are available too.

Like this:
{"sampleTime":"18-06-2018 11:03:00","boilerSetpoint":0,"roomTempSetpoint":12,"boilerPressure":0,"roomTemp":24.29,"boilerOutTemp":0,"boilerInTemp":0,"boilerModulationLevel":0}

My Toon is not connected to the boiler, so the values don't make sense. (still testing in the attic...)

Domoticz-scripts can parse these values and act accordingly.

I'm exactly doing this right now to turn on and off my heatpump. Each 10 seconds I read those values http://toon-ip:10080/happ_thermstat?act ... mostatInfo and when the burnerInfo is 1 my domoticz is switching on the heatpump. You can use that to turn on your zwave switch to turn on the pump.

Also, in newer versions Quby/Eneco is building Z-wave smart thermostat radiator valve support. Maybe this is something you can use when they have finished this
TheHogNL

Return to Eneco Toon as Domotica controller