Toon not booting after failed update

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderator: marcelr

Re: Toon not booting after failed update

Postby MadDemonoide » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:38 pm

TheHogNL wrote:I think you have a very old version of Toon firmware which doesn't update the /etc/hosts file properly (your feed.hae.int entry in your hosts file doesn't match with the routing table)
Try to remove the "feed.hae.int" line from the /etc/hosts file and restart the Toon and the script again.

As far as I know I already were at 4.9 or something. Nonetheless I removed the line and rebooted. This did not change anything.
MadDemonoide
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby TheHogNL » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Send me a DM with your mobile phone number and I'll whatsapp you tonight to assist over a teamviewer session. I'm curious what's going on.
TheHogNL

Postby MadDemonoide » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:11 pm

TheHogNL wrote:Send me a DM with your mobile phone number and I'll whatsapp you tonight to assist over a teamviewer session. I'm curious what's going on.

Send you a message :)
MadDemonoide
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby TheHogNL » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:56 pm

His toon had a lot of zero-sized files, probably due to the power failure during the update process. Most where system files which are not part of any update package. A donor Toon was needed to provide a copy of the files. He was lucky dat SSH still worked.. all crucial files for booting and ssh still worked and where not damaged.
Now it boots again and we are finish the update again.
TheHogNL

Postby marcelr » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:04 pm

Good job! Well done, both of you.
marcelr
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)