Home Assistant for Toon

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

timkoers

Home Assistant for Toon

Post by timkoers »

There are two apps available for Home Assistant on the Toon. One of them is dynamic and the other has got some more features.

Dynamic one: domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=99&amp ... mp;t=12089
Feature rich one: domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=99&amp ... mp;t=12078

With this topic, I hope to combine these two efforts into a single, opzimized Home Assistant app.

I'll be keeping you up to date on the progress, but I am looking for contributors (prefferably the TS' of the other HASS topics)
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Home Assistant for Toon

Post by Luc_S »

Hi mate, I’m up for helping out and thinking about how to combine/extend functionalities. For me all things needed are present (off course :p), let’s hear what should be changed.

Btw, if someone could give some coding hints/tips that would be much appreciated. Some parts feel like they should be handled differently to make it more clean or faster even?
timkoers

Post by timkoers »

Luc_S wrote:Hi mate, I’m up for helping out and thinking about how to combine/extend functionalities. For me all things needed are present (off course :p), let’s hear what should be changed.

Btw, if someone could give some coding hints/tips that would be much appreciated. Some parts feel like they should be handled differently to make it more clean or faster even?
I saw a few comments flying by in my email regarding the new user authentication.

We indeed need to take a look at how we are going to handle things. I'm not sure what version of Qt Toon is using, but Home Assistant supports WebSockets.
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtwebsockets-websocket.html

The Android Home Assistant app already uses websockets and they work lovely.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

WebSockets are not available on Toon in the current Qt environment.
member of the Toon Software Collective
timkoers

Post by timkoers »

Toonz wrote:WebSockets are not available on Toon in the current Qt environment.
Whoops, can you give a little detailed overview of the available components of the Toon and it's Qt environment?

Return to “Toon software development”