Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

ArieKanarie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon app: Kalender

Post by ArieKanarie »

RobbieT wrote:Hello,

I've downloaded the app and added the calendar ics file. The app keeps saying "loading" and no appointments are shown. Is the app still working?
This could be the case if you have a big calendar. I have the same issue, it takes a long time to load the calander, and it also happens that if the calander is too big it will cause the Toon rebooting.
In previous comments in this treat I wrote a solution, if you are happy to delete the history from your calendar....

Related to this: since the latest release Toon will not only reboot after the latest event, but also every 4(?) hours.
With my big calendar (I try to keep as most of the history as I can...) this cause that my Toon is almost constantly rebooting.
I was happy with the reboot after an event, is it possible to disable the 4hr reboot?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

that reboot isn't scheduled, it is caused by a lack of memory.
My strong advise is to cleanup your calendar.
If you want to keep your history, I suggest to create a second (archiving) calendar in Google and move the old items to the archive calendar which is not loaded by Toon.
member of the Toon Software Collective
ArieKanarie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ArieKanarie »

yes sorry, I ment scheduled reloading every 6 or 4 hours.

Preferably I would like to keep the history to look thing up if needed. I already pruned it to begin of this year and at that time I made a backup.
But it is a family calendar so yes a lot of items will being added, and in a short time I have to archive and cleanup again....
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Annother short question:
I've managed to get everything working, great!

But..
the Toon always shows the next upcoming events in the calender, so TOMORROW.
What i would like is to see TODAY.

Online everything seems to b eokay, within the Google agenda.

Can somebody tell me which parameter i have to change (in which .json?) to change this?
Or can this be build within an upgrade?

I think its nice to see every morning the events of that specific day and not a day later.

Thanks
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

the app should only show the calendar events which have an end date in the future or are an all day event for today.
When the end date has passed the item will not be shown anymore.
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Okay, thats clear. Thank you for youre quik response.
Then i will take a look before i go to bed : )

And i the refresh time is still @ 6 hours because of the slower hardware inside the v1 i understood?

Greetz
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

A question;
I would like to minimize the calender events on the dimmed screen, so maybe only an CALENDER buttom so you have to click on it and see the calender in not dimmed stat.
(maybe another option within the settings? Now i can only choose for '3 appointements in dim screem'.

Is it possible to make there more options, like 0 and only a button to the calender?

Or : )
Can you tell me where i can adjust is by myself within the qmf : ) ? :D
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

feel free to make changes yourself.
The tile showing the appointments is located here: /qmf/qml/apps/calendar/CalendarTile.qml

If you feel you have made a change which is relevant to all I invite you to create a pull request on our github.

KInd regardz,

Toonz
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Thanks! As a starter in this business (qml, VI, Putty) i will try to. Don.t have Github yet, but will have then. If somebody can tell which parameter i have to adjust, that would be great. I will try different things en keep you posted.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

it is not just a parameter, you have to do some qml coding yourself....
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

Okay, thats what i was scared for :)
For now i only changed some text within the QMF, like: "Geen neerslag verwacht" changed to "Geen paraplu nodig : )" and that kind of simple stuff.
Joskep

Post by Joskep »

If somebody can give a hint : )

Im looking at the qml code, but can't find what i want.

Now, in dim state, i choose to show only 1 calenderitem (turned off 'show 3 items' option). I think it doesn't looks nice now, what i miss is an TITLE like: Agenda: (or Calender:)

Wright now you only see a sentece like for axaple: 'wash car' (if thats an calenderitem offcourse :)).

It looks a lot nicer if you have 2 or 3 calenderitems, then the text is the right size and everything looks nice.

I think it would be nicer if you can see that that part of the screen (tile) is all about the Calender and there a title.

I tried to do it by copying the 'title'-text of the code above (not dim state, the you do see Calender:, but that worked out great : )
Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Unfortunately this does not work with Google Family calendar, You can't make it public so it won't give you a iCal link.
hansgrave
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansgrave »

Since a while the tile says "Ophalen kalender" but when i push the tile all my appointments are visible. I reinstall the app and add the google calenders again, no result.
Remarkable: the two calenders have the colors green and red but there are in the begining a couple appointments in the color black. Soemone a idea to fix this?
Homey, rooted Toon 1 and HomeAssistent.
speedyconnalis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by speedyconnalis »

Hi, having the app running smoothly for quite some time now with 2 calendars; a Google Calendar (family calendar) and a public holiday calendar that is publicly available. Today I tried to add a new calendar, a public available Formula One agenda. Strange thing is that it adds everything nicely if I open the app. All 3 calendars show perfectly with 3 different color codings. Weird thing though is that the tile on the homescreen keeps showing 'updating calendar' without ever changing. I tried a restart and several refreshes but no change neither. I also toggled options like showing 3 rows etc. without effect.

So in short; all seems to work and 3 calendars update nicely, but only the tile doesn't update. Any ideas? :D

Return to “Toon Apps”