Wifi connection dropped

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, TerrorSource, Toonz

Wifi connection dropped

Postby FunFair » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:30 pm

For a while now I noticed that sometimes the wifi connection stops working and Toon does not reconnect to the network.
It does not happen very often and I don't see a patern. I am running Firmware 4.22.
Restarting the Wifi router does not fix the problem.

When I reset Toon the unit will reconnect to the Wifi just fine.
If I go into the settings and reconnect to Wifi it will take a while but eventually connects.
I have my router set with a fixed DHCP binding for my Toon and it will receive this IP adres.

Anyone with the same problem? Or any idea how to fix? Maybe an automatic reboot if the unit can't ping my router or something?
FunFair
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Wifi connection dropped

Postby TheHogNL » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:59 pm

This is a common issue also often reported by normal Toon users. Haven't seen it myself.
Try to debug it using the console cable. When plugging in the UTP cable you will probably can't find out the reason why, so you must use the console connection to debug this. Would be very nice if we could propose a solution for this.

BTW: Are you sure you didn't change anything in your network/wifi?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Wifi connection dropped

Postby FunFair » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:25 pm

No I haven't changed anything in my own network.
But I am not sure if it's not my router screwing up, because my Domoticz had problems switching some of my wifi switches aswell.
For now I set up a ping to my Toon with a notification so at least I get triggered when the connection is gone.
FunFair
Starting Member
Starting Member

Return to Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)