Toon setting “Tomorrow day off”

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Arnout2000

Toon setting “Tomorrow day off”

Post by Arnout2000 »

I am new to Toon, but as far as I see there is no possibility to instruct Toon to treat the next day as a Saturday?
My Honeywell Evohome had this function and I found it very useful.
The idea is that I am always away at weekdays so most of the day the temperature is set to 15 degrees.
But when I am planning to have a day off on Tuesday I could instruct Toon already Monday night before I go to bed to follow the ‘Day off’ program on Tuesday.
Did I miss a function somewhere?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon setting “Tomorrow day off”

Post by TheHogNL »

Toon is much smarter than that :)

Several ways:
- use the vacation planner
- turn off the program so it sticks at the current mode (home/away/sleep/comfort)
- tick away as the moment as you leave the home
- use an intellegent fencing automation tool to set your toon to away when you leave the home

With what you described you will wake up tuesday morning in a cold house because your old thermstat thought you where gone before you even left in the morning :)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Arnout2000

Post by Arnout2000 »

Hmm...you didn’t convince me yet :)

Too much work to enter two dates

- turn off the program so it sticks at the current mode (home/away/sleep/comfort)
No, because when I go to bed Monday night, it should still follow the “Sleep” setting until the next morning, but Tuesday morning it should follow the “thuis” setting for the whole day

Yes, but that is the other way around.

- use an intellegent fencing automation tool to set your toon to away when you leave the home
Could be an option.

Again, the Honeywell function “Tomorrow is a day off” was quite handy.
Having said that, Toon has so much more functionality, that I wouldn’t like to go back....
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

easiest way to solve this is to make a schedule (only 1 allowed) and turn that ON of OFF.
In that schedule you define what day - what program (home/away/sleep/comfort)
When you're a weekday at home, untick schedule and you can control it manually.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Arnout2000 wrote:Hmm...you didn’t convince me yet :)

Too much work to enter two dates

No, because when I go to bed Monday night, it should still follow the “Sleep” setting until the next morning, but Tuesday morning it should follow the “thuis” setting for the whole day

Yes, but that is the other way around.

Could be an option.

Again, the Honeywell function “Tomorrow is a day off” was quite handy.
Having said that, Toon has so much more functionality, that I wouldn’t like to go back....
It is just one tick to switch from away to home (or from home to away), same as the one click you did on the honeywell. A few seconds later the boiler will start to heat your house (or stop heating). It will stay on that mode until the next scheduled normal change. So I am still wondering where you think the honeywell was better in that :) Only difference is that with the honeywell you need to think about this the day before.

On the Toon2 there is presence detection (using a sound inducer which detects sounds in the room). This however, is since the introduction of the new toon 2.5 years ago, still not activated in the software. I hope that, and other functions, will be added soon.

The geo fencing is another nice option. With IFTTT this could be easily done. You would only need IFTTT access over your router to your toon so IFTTT can send the right commands (URL's) to your toon to switch the program. Or you could use nodered or something and a detector if your phone is on the home wifi. Many ways for this :)
Arnout2000

Post by Arnout2000 »

It is just one tick to switch from away to home (or from home to away), same as the one click you did on the honeywell. A few seconds later the boiler will start to heat your house (or stop heating). It will stay on that mode until the next scheduled normal change. So I am still wondering where you think the honeywell was better in that :) Only difference is that with the honeywell you need to think about this the day before.

The difference is that with Honeywell, I would come down in an already heated house as I instructed the Honeywell the night before that I would be at home the next day.
Yes, on Toon I can just tick "home" as soon as I come down on my day off, but then the house still needs to be warmed up....
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Arnout2000 wrote:It is just one tick to switch from away to home (or from home to away), same as the one click you did on the honeywell. A few seconds later the boiler will start to heat your house (or stop heating). It will stay on that mode until the next scheduled normal change. So I am still wondering where you think the honeywell was better in that :) Only difference is that with the honeywell you need to think about this the day before.

The difference is that with Honeywell, I would come down in an already heated house as I instructed the Honeywell the night before that I would be at home the next day.
Yes, on Toon I can just tick "home" as soon as I come down on my day off, but then the house still needs to be warmed up....
Ok, so on a normal day when you leave the home you don't heat up the home for the morning? You eat your breakfast in a cold kitchen? :)
Arnout2000

Post by Arnout2000 »

Yes, absolutely correct. Breakfast is 5 minutes so I car bear with the cold. Same for my wife and kids. :)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Arnout2000 wrote:Yes, absolutely correct. Breakfast is 5 minutes so I car bear with the cold. Same for my wife and kids. :)
So in normal workdays you don't care about waking up in an cold house, doing shower/breakfast etc.
But when you have your day off, you want to wake up in a warm house?
Sounds a bit weird for me :)

But your solution is just one automation configuration away. And what stops you to extend the toon software with a button for what you describe and share it with the general public?
Arnout2000

Post by Arnout2000 »

Why is that so weird? On a working day it’s rush hour. Quick breakfast and leave. No use to warmup the house.
If I have a day off I am not in a hurry: more time for breakfast, watch the News on tv, read the newspaper, etc. Temperature should be comfortable then.
Apparently I am the only one with such behavior :)
But, let me browse through the forum and perhaps get inspired to do some programming :)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Arnout2000 wrote:Why is that so weird? On a working day it’s rush hour. Quick breakfast and leave. No use to warmup the house.
If I have a day off I am not in a hurry: more time for breakfast, watch the News on tv, read the newspaper, etc. Temperature should be comfortable then.
Apparently I am the only one with such behavior :)
But, let me browse through the forum and perhaps get inspired to do some programming :)
Just start your day off with a morning workout and before that turn on the heater :)
The workout will keep you warm and before the workout ends, the house should be warm enough already :)

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”