Post by ikookmaar »

OK, I managed to correct things again.
Let's see what happens tomorrow...
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon App: solarPanel ---> solar data without hardware

Post by ikookmaar »

Sorry to bother you again oepi-loepi, but I can see that the (manually corrected) value(s) from the last hourly and daily timestamps (resp. 1705964400 and 1705968000 right now) are being overwritten again with (I guess) the lifetime production value again, after 5 minutes or so.

Besides, at 1705964400 and at 1705968000 (at midnight) I'm getting the value "null" at first, but after a few minutes they also get overwritten with the lifetime production value.

I must add that my corrected values probably don't match-up precisely with the real data from / at the Growatt server, though, since I don't see how to check the hourly energy production there. The hourly graphs there only show the power values (in Watts) and the daily production is shown in kW with only one decimal.

I have absolutely no idea what to check, let alone what to do about this problem...
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

From the plugin it is expected that lifetime production is written to the database so that should be the case also in the old version.

The change in the new version is that 3 variables are added and those will be used for the hoymiles plugin to protect the plugin to have too many polls per day.

The growatt plugin is released as default during the update. So if you want the old version of the plugin you can do as follows:

1. From the setup select another make of inverter and save. The app will change the plugin and reset.
2. After reset goto the setup again and now select growatt. The plugin will be loaded from the internet and definitely hasn’t changed in the last update.
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

Hi. I understand that it is expected that lifetime production is written to the database.
What I don't understand is why it gets written to / as the hourly and daily production values..
I tried restetting and reconfiguring the plugin the way you described, but it didn't help. Any new value get's overwritten with the lifetime production as soon after I have corrected the day value(s)
Is it correct that the last horly and day epochs are in the future (to be exact in quarter of an hour and at 01:00 tomorrow morning)?
If not, how can I delete them?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Indeed all databases of quantity only contain the lifetime values. So that is correct.

Also the app will wrrite 1 interval length in front to make it work.

The strange thing is that before the update values were written to the database which didn’t match the lifetime value. Does the growatt app show the same lifetime value?
ikookmaar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ikookmaar »

Ah, thanks for clarifying, I see how it should have worked now...
Up to now I wrongly assumed it would have started with 0 at first use of your app :oops:

Looking back through all of the history / values I discovered that the production values have signaficantly changed after GMT: Sunday 14 May 2023 11:00:00 (no idea why, but I might have updated the app then too):

It has been adding "correctly" to this apparently since then incorrect amount until saturday 20 januari 2024 (when I updated the app), after which I have been manually "correcting" values (by adding the produced amounts to the existing values) until Tuesday 23 January 2024 14:00:00 :
1706022000,11897300 ( i gave up correcting here)

It has been adding from there until now GMT: Wednesday 24 January 2024 18:00:00 :

And 11901600 precisely matches my lifetime production in the Growatt App: 11901.6 kWh

I guess I shouldn't bother to correct the hourly values anymore then, but instead lookup all my daily production starting at Sunday 14 May 2023 11:00:00 and correct all the corresponding daily values in the database until today?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

In the database the lifetime values should be in. I wouldn’t bother about yearly history. You can also find that in the growatt app. As from today your toon will also show correct as long as you do not change any values anymore.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

andreasr wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:47 pm
oepi-loepi wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:22 pm Ik begrijp hem. token opslaan en hergebruiken. Om te testen zal ik wel inloggegevens moeten gebruiken (zelf heb ik geen hoymiles). Wil je die met mij delen via pm?
email ook goed? ik mag nog geen PMs versturen
(ben ook niet actief op het forum.. dus terecht?)
We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature.
heb een knop in je profiel gevonden > send email. werkt dit? (daar staan mijn creds in)
De nieuwe plugin staat in de plugin repos. Je kunt hem ophalen via de solarPanel instellingen.
Claudia&Huub
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Claudia&Huub »

Hello Everybody,

Just joined this group as We have a problem with our Huawei and solarpanel app. Since about 6 days we can no longer see the production from our solar panels in our Rooted Toon device.

This Huawei app was installed at our request last year , and has work fine the last year. But it seemed it has a sudden death now ;)

No more data receiving, although we didn't change anything.

Huawei did have an update tho, not sure that would cause the problem. But if so, Can anyone please help us so we can get it all working as before again?

Thanks in advance
Claudia
Last edited by Claudia&Huub on Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

I can have a look, can you send me your login credentioals in pm?
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Plumifrons wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:20 pm I"ve tried to get the solar info from my home assistant, but I can't get it to work. What API key of HA do I needl? I tried the > 200 caracters (at least it felt that way) hex api key I bu to no avail...

Who can point me into the right direction? The readme.md doesn't help me...
I have the same issue, what API key do I need from the home assistant.
I create Long-lived access tokens for Toon it is more than 200 caracters and you will not type that in on toon display ;-) so were can add it in the backend ?

Did some get home assistant working in Toon with SolarPanel?
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

/mnt/data/tsc/usersettings_solarPanel.json

Hier kun je zien hoe de sensor moet heten in ha en welke attributen deze sensor moet hebben:

https://github.com/ToonSoftwareCollecti ... plugin.txt
Claudia&Huub
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Claudia&Huub »

Aan Oepiloepie

I sent you the inlog by mail.

thanks!!

kind regards Claudia en Huub
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

Thanks, i will work on it.
Arnout2000

Post by Arnout2000 »

My TOON is receiving real time solar panel information from the Qubino Smartmeter which is installed after my solar panels.
I am also using Domoticz which displays solar panel information read from my Enphase gateway.
The solar information on TOON using Qubino is much more real-time.
Is there any way that Domoticz can read these values from TOON?

Return to “Toon Apps”