CS, CH commands reset after 2 minutes

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

AndrewFG
Starting Member
Starting Member

CS, CH commands reset after 2 minutes

Post by AndrewFG »

I am using the Nodo OTGW connected to a Viessmann boiler. Currently I am using it without a thermostat. Instead I am using the OpenHAB binding to send CS and CH commands to the boiler. The odd thing that I am experiencing is that if I send a CS or CH command value to the boiler, the value becomes active in the boiler for a while, but after about two minutes the value resets. For example if I send CH=1 the boiler becomes enabled, but after about 2 minutes it becomes disabled again. => Any idea what is going on?
hvxl

Re: CS, CH commands reset after 2 minutes

Post by hvxl »

See the change log for Firmware 5.2, specifically:
  • Limit the validity of a CS command. A remotely set control setpoint expires after just over a minute. This is a safety feature to prevent runaway heating when the controlling program loses its connection, or crashes.
A device controlling the boiler will normally update the control setpoint quite frequently to account for changing conditions. My thermostat does it about every 4 seconds. But if you want to keep the same control setpoint for a long time for some reason, just repeat the CS command every 30 seconds or so. Think of it like a heartbeat.

Alternatively, you can downgrade to firmware 5.1.
Schelte
AndrewFG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: CS, CH commands reset after 2 minutes

Post by AndrewFG »

^
Aha. Brilliant. Many thanks. :)

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”