Override Room Temperature

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Schampbakken
Starting Member
Starting Member

Override Room Temperature

Post by Schampbakken »

Is there a way to correct the room temperature send to the boiler from the thermostat?
I have 2 thermostats hanging in a room and the measured temperature of 1 is different, what reacts that the 2 boilers heat in different ways.
I would like to correct the measured temperature by sending the temperature of the other by use of open term gateway.

On this moment i made a python project where i send serial commands to the webserver like 'http://localhost:8081/command?TC=10'.

Thanks for the help!
hvxl

Re: Override Room Temperature

Post by hvxl »

The OTGW currently has no possibility to modify the room temperature that is sent to the boiler. The reason for that is that the room temperature is totally irrelevant to boilers (with a proper implementation of the Opentherm specification). Sending a "corrected" value is therefor unlikely to make any difference. You can verify this by issuing a UI=24 command. That will stop the OTGW from sending the room temperature to the boiler at all (assuming you have any alternative messages configured). This should have absolutely no affect on the way the building is heated.

A thermostat controls the boiler using the control setpoint. Maybe what you want can be achieved by sending the same control setpoint to both boilers. I really have no idea if that will work satisfactorily. But you can give it a try. The OTGW has the CS command to modify the control setpoint.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”