OTGW /Remeha Initia/Honeywell T6

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

PatrickB
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW /Remeha Initia/Honeywell T6

Post by PatrickB »

I have bought a GW from the NODO shop and installed it. I see you can put it on gateway or monitor. Is there a big difference between the 2 functions ?

Grts
Patrick
hvxl

Re: OTGW /Remeha Initia/Honeywell T6

Post by hvxl »

In monitor mode you can only observe the communication between the thermostat and the boiler. Gateway mode allows you to obtain additional information from the boiler that the thermostat may not request. Setting the time and changing the setpoint on the thermostat (if supported by the thermostat) or providing an outside temperature is also only possible in gateway mode. Finally, gateway mode is necessary for the more advanced features, such as controlling when the boiler will keep some amount of tap water heated, changing the maximum central heating water setpoint, or even interfering with the heating control algorithm.
Schelte
PatrickB
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by PatrickB »

Ok I need only the monitoring part then. I want to look why the T6 is not controlling my brandnew remeha initia boiler. I set the demand room temp set to 25° (it is at 20°) but the boiler does nothing. When i use a old Isense thermostat all is working fine. ( same wiring and setup)
PatrickB
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by PatrickB »

How can i post a GW log over her ?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

You can attach it to a post in gzipped (or zipped) format using the "Upload attachment" tab.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”