Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

gert848
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon activation

Post by gert848 »

Hello

It it possible at this moment to Activate a Toon1 or Toon2 with the old rooting methode? (Jtag)
And is activation possible with a raspberry with hotspot methode ?

I think that the VPN server from Eneco not more is availaible .

Mvg Gert
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon activation

Post by TheHogNL »

gert848 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:56 am Hello

It it possible at this moment to Activate a Toon1 or Toon2 with the old rooting methode? (Jtag)
And is activation possible with a raspberry with hotspot methode ?

I think that the VPN server from Eneco not more is availaible .

Mvg Gert
A toon2 can only be rooted with the software / hotspot method and therefore it needs activation. If your toon2 can be switched to Belgium during country selection that can probably get you through the activation. Also, in Dutch mode it looks like activation is still working but just can take a while depening on which randomly selected VPN server your get connected to (Eneco seems to have a few VPN servers with old keys still running probably just for this reason). Just keep it connected and wait until the activation button appears. Can take 10-20 minutes!

A toon1 can be rooted using tjag (the old fashioned way) using the toonrooter script or manually. It doesn't require activation for that and after rooting the update-rooted script will activate the toon for you.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
gert848
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by gert848 »

The HoghNL,

I will try it again, I think there is something wrong with my Toon,
The old methode was not working .
I will try the new methode with hotspot but i can wait 1 hour but activation button doesn;t come.
He is connected to internet but he said not that he is connected with service centre. Is that may be the reason?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

gert848 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:58 pm The HoghNL,

I will try it again, I think there is something wrong with my Toon,
The old methode was not working .
I will try the new methode with hotspot but i can wait 1 hour but activation button doesn;t come.
He is connected to internet but he said not that he is connected with service centre. Is that may be the reason?
toon1 will never connect to service center anymore (if it doesn't have at least 5.49.16 firmware). Only toon2 will be able to connect after a while
Member of the Toon Software Collective

Return to “Toon Rooting”