This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Fillipvb
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW and Remeha C-mix

Post by Fillipvb »

Situation:
I have a a working OTGW, Remeha installation controlled in Home Assistant.
For the moment our wired ISense thermostat controls our floor heating @ ground level by the external temperature sensor and our radiators on the first level by the internal temperature sensor of the thermostat.
This is not ideal because our thermostat is located @ ground level. We set the temperature, and it takes some time to heat up our ground level to the desired value, meanwhile the radiators are blasting the whole time. There is no way of setting the temperature for the first floor. Also, our radiators are connected in series so no thermostatic valves can be placed.
I already have a C-mix installed from Remeha for controlling the mixing valve and pumps. (low temp floorheating, High-temp radiators)
The c-mix can operate with 2 thermostats. I would like to add a wireless ISense thermostat to control the radiators on the 1st floor. The thermostat @ ground level controls only our floor heating.

Question:
Can I control the 2 thermostats with one OTGW in Home Assistant or do I need to setup a second one between the wirless thermostat and the C-Mix.

Info:
"Remeha c-Mix Regelmodule + 2x Remeha iSense" is listed in the "Equipment information" page of the OTGW project. But the location of the OTGW is not clear to me.

Shematic representation:
C-MixAndOTGW.png
C-MixAndOTGW.png (91.06 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
hvxl

Re: OTGW and Remeha C-mix

Post by hvxl »

Looking at the details of the "Remeha c-Mix Regelmodule + 2x Remeha iSense" entry in the equipment matrix, I see that it is sending weird values for room temperature and room setpoint (-40). That doesn't look like what an iSense does. Also MsgIDs 2 and 126 deviate from what an iSense would send and MsgIDs 20, 21, and 22 are missing. So I'm almost certain that this log file was collected with the OTGW between the C-Mix and the boiler.

From that position you will not have much control over the thermostats. The OT spec only defines one message for changing the setpoint of the thermostat (MsgID 9). But if the thermostats used to collect the log file sent it, it didn't make it through the C-mix. You didn't specify precisely what kind of control you are looking for. But if you want to be able to change the room setpoint on both thermostats, you will need OTGWs between the iSenses and the C-Mix.
Schelte
Fillipvb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: OTGW and Remeha C-mix

Post by Fillipvb »

I would like to set the room temp on both thermostats individually. So it makes sense to have 2 OTGW's, 1 between every iSense and the C-mix.

THX 4 the reply, en bedankt voor het gehele otgw project!

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”