Toon as simple frontend to Home Assistant?

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

steffie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon as simple frontend to Home Assistant?

Post by steffie »

Hi all,
I have several home automation stuff in my house that is able to run in their own ecosystem and for about two years now I have Home Assistant running on top of it all. Recently I was gifted an old Toon1 and I am looking into ways of using it simply as a frontend to Home Assistant.
I don't require it to do anything with my boiler and stuff (actually i'd prefer if it didn't!)

My eco system consists at least of the following stuff: Hue, Alexa, Tado, Solar(goodwe), Solar(Omnik), ESPhome sensors (e.g. DSMR reader) and some other random stuff.

Is it possible for toon to use or receive all the 'slimme meter' statistics, not by obtaining those by itself, but gathering them from Home Assistant and create the graphs that toon does when it is connected to the 'slimme meter' itself? (As Hass is already collecting all this stuff via the P1 port and for the Solarpanels via the solar integrations in Hass).

Maybe this route is eventually not very achievable anymore and the better route might be a newer android tablet mounted on the wall?
Are there possibilities to completely change toon into just a display frontend for Home Assistant?

I am having a play with the HomeAssistant app in the toonstore at the moment.
michel30

Re: Toon as simple frontend to Home Assistant?

Post by michel30 »

Hi,

Yes that is possible you can search on the web for Energy Management in Home Assistant .

You will see you gas use.
You will see electric use.
You will see deliver back and use.
You can see your electric car.

And lot off more nice stuff.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

No, it is not possble to use the toon as a complete domotica screen like a tablet.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Oh, I thought he wanted to see everything in home assistant itself like how much energy was used or how many gas etc.

But directly on the Toon to use the screen like a tablet that is not possible. :) :roll:

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”