This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

B.Eng
Starting Member
Starting Member

DHW Generator without thermostat

Post by B.Eng »

Hello everyone,
I connected a condensing gas water heater for the production of domestic hot water only with the OTGW (without thermostat) but the flame does not turn on. I therefore had to unplug it for now. The water heater is a Cosmogas Aguadens.
Before wasting time with the settings, I would like to know if I can use the OTGW only as a monitor without a thermostat?
hvxl

Re: DHW Generator without thermostat

Post by hvxl »

The web site describes how the OTGW behaves when no thermostat is connected. That works for getting information from a regular central heating boiler. I have no experience with condensing gas water heaters for domestic hot water only. So I cannot predict if that will work or not.

You didn't provide a log, which might have provided some insight. Maybe you just needed to issue a HW=1 command. But that's just a wild guess. I really don't know.
Schelte
B.Eng
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: DHW Generator without thermostat

Post by B.Eng »

I set a setpoint from otmonitor (gateway mode) and now the instantaneous water heater turns on regularly when water is requested from a user.
The water heater in question also has an integrated pump for the recirculation circuit. I need to figure out which command to start it with.

I integrated OTGW into HomeAssistant. My goals are:
- turn on an auxiliary generator when an error code is detected and send notifications
- create an advanced logic to manage the recirculation pump

The water heater is a Cosmogas Aguadens.

Log.txt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrjgi0765urr7mh/Log.txt?dl=0

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”