This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

grzech
Starting Member
Starting Member

no comunication between thermostat and OTWG

Post by grzech »

Hello,
I have OTGW from nodo-shop. My thermostat is an Elektrobock PT59X and a boiler is DeDietrich MCR II. The communication between the boiler and the otgw works fine, but when I connect the thermostat, the communication stops. Also when connecting only the thermostat and the opgw, there is no communication, but the thermostat is powered. The green LED on the board does not flash. What should I check first to solve the problem? I am attaching a photo of the thermostat, which is connected directly to the boiler and through the gateway.
without otgw
without otgw
20231110_092510.jpg (95.44 KiB) Viewed 992 times
with otgw
with otgw
20231110_102400.jpg (83.57 KiB) Viewed 992 times
hvxl

Re: no comunication between thermostat and OTWG

Post by hvxl »

grzech wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:34 am What should I check first to solve the problem?
See the slave interface part of the trouble shooting instructions.
Schelte
grzech
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by grzech »

Hello,
I changed the USB cable, power supply and the gateway started working. otgw reads parameters from the boiler and thermostat. I have a question about my thermostat (it is not in the matrix, but there are others from this manufacturer - Elektrobock). If the thermostat does not support message 9, does it mean that I will not be able to overwrite the room setpoint?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Your thermostat will be added to the matrix if you upload a log file. 8)

The presence of MsgID 9 in the sequence of messages the thermostat sends is a reasonable first indication whether the remote override setpoint functionality is available. But it's not definitive. Out of the box, an iSense doesn't send the message. But it can be switched on via a menu option. I think I remember there was some thermostat that requested MsgID 9, but did not act on the response. And the Celcia 20 doesn't send MsgID 9, but the room setpoint can still be changed using a completely different method.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”