Predim with DAIX10

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
rirvine
Starting Member
Starting Member

Predim with DAIX10

Post by rirvine »

Hello!

Firstly, Pieter you have an excellent site with a lot of great information. Thank you!

I'm having trouble getting Predim to work with the DAIX10.

I want to be able to set the level the light will come on to when it's next switched on. It is my understand is this is what Predim is.

For example, at 11PM every night send a "PreDim %50" to the light, so if someone switches it on they won't be blinded by the bright light. At 7am, send "Predim %100".

I'm tried using the standard Predim command. That doesn't seem to do anything. I've then tried the extended predim command (which if I have caulated it correct, should be type 3 command 1 (49 decimal) and Data of 30 (Dim level). The extended command just turn the module on to the specified level.

Or am I missundering what Predim really is? I want to be able to set the DIM level while the module is of, to take effect next time it is switched on.

Any ideas?

I'm using Homeseer if it make any difference. I've just all device types.

Regards,

Ross.
DMB

Predim with DAIX10

Post by DMB »

Hello Ross,

I use several DAIX10 without problems.
For instance the lamp on the hall upstairs(overloop) will be set to 19% if it's nighttime.
If the MS13 motion sensor in the hall upstairs is triggered, the lamp will bright to 43%.
This is very easy for the kids, so they don't have to switch on the light.
After a interval without motion, the MS13 sends a OFF and the lamp is dimmed to 19% again.
In the morning, sunrise, the lamp is switch off.

Another trick is that we could swith off the light when the kids are back to bed, so it's easier to start sleeping again.(remotecontrol)
After 30 minutes the lamp will be bright to 19%.

In homeseer 1.7 there was a property levington dim, but I can't find that in homeseer 2.1.

See examples.

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] overloop on.gif<br />6.89 KB

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] overloop off.gif<br />7.92 KB

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] overloop dim.gif<br />19.16 KB

The question you asked is putting the dimmer on a level when the dimmer is switched off. I've tried the execx10 command with preset dim and a value of 3, but when switching on the lamp it's still brighted to the old level.

Maybe you can send the dimlevel as used in the examples and after that send a OFF. When the light is switch on the correct level will be used.

DMB
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Predim with DAIX10

Post by Bwired »

Hi
I think the DAIX10 does not support the pre-Dim function. I checked all the manuals especially the technical one http://www.bwired.nl/images/how/Xanura_technical.pdf but can't find anything related to it. The Only solution which comes close I guess is mentioned by DMB.
Regard Pieter
rirvine
Starting Member
Starting Member

Predim with DAIX10

Post by rirvine »

Thanks for the responses.

I'am trying to set the level of the module when it is off. I can control the level the light first goes to without any problems.
I've tried to set the level, then send an off, but the lights brighten to the set level, then turn off. I don't want my whole house lighting up for 2 seconds at 11pm then turn off and then go to %100 then off at 7am.

I was under the impression that the daix10 was the exact same as the RD234 from ACT Solutions. I have a lot of rd234's and a couple of DAIX10. I've only tried this on the DAIX10 but I can't get predim to work properly and also setting the predeim via the extended commands to 64 (the top level) should make the module go direct to %100 and not ramp, this also doesn't seem to work.

I have to test this with a real ACT RD234 and see if it works. If it does, it just means it's yet another feature that has been lost while moving these modules from ACT to Holec. High Voltage inputs was another feature that didn't make the DAIX10 either which is a shame.

Thanks,

Ross.
rirvine
Starting Member
Starting Member

Predim with DAIX10

Post by rirvine »

Pieter,

Is there an English version the document you linked to:

http://www.bwired.nl/images/how/Xanura_technical.pdf

Thanks,

Ross.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Predim with DAIX10

Post by Bwired »

Hi Ross,
Not so smart of me, you are from down under :-) At the moment I don't have the Xanura technical document in English. But I will try to ask Xanura to look in to your problem and if the Technical document is available in English. I get back to you soon.
Pieter

PS: possible answer will be after 31 October because my contact is out of office until then.
rirvine
Starting Member
Starting Member

Predim with DAIX10

Post by rirvine »

Thanks Pieter.

Yes, I come from a land down under (as the song goes!).
All of the programming information I have is based on the ACT RD234 which "should" be the exact same as the DAIX10. Therefore I have the programming doco from the rd234 which shows everything it supports.

I've fired off an email to ACT to see if Phil will let me know if the modules do I want it to do (he doesn't like answering questions about the 240V/50Hertz stuff anymore since it's made by Eaton/Holec now), so we'll see if I get an answer.
Everything Holec/Eaton are making are just the original ACT products (at highly inflated prices) so in theory, it should be the same.
I've tested my predim (set dim with module off) and Extended Max without RAMP and neither worked (even though the ACT documentation says setting the predim to max causes the module to NOT ramp, but go direct) on the Original ACT RD234's and I get the same results so it's not a Holec disabled function issue.

If I can't do Pre-Dim, I may have 20 or so RD234 (DAIX10's) and about 10 SAIX (RB224) up for sale! and I'll move to C-BUS! :)

Thanks for the assistance.

Ross.
rirvine
Starting Member
Starting Member

Predim with DAIX10

Post by rirvine »

I heard back from ACT.
The RD234 (and therefore the DAIX10) don't support settings levels then they are off. When they say "Preset Dim", they mean "No matter if you are on or off, or currently set at a level, go directly to the level specified". This is done via a an extended command.
The RD234 programming manaul has all the details. From what I can tell there are a few things the RD234 has the DAIX doesn't and that is the high voltage inputs.

You can get the RD234 manaul here:

http://www.digihouse.com.au/Library/Dim ... linstr.pdf

Regards,

Ross.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”