OTGW only partially working with Brotje WHBS 22 C

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Arquitet0
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW only partially working with Brotje WHBS 22 C

Post by Arquitet0 »

I have a Brotje WHBS 22 C boiler. It's an earlier then WHBS D series boiler and it doesn't come with OpenTherm port from the factory but it's possible to add one when you buy RGI thermostat that comes with Siemens AGU2.002A149 board to the control board (which is Siemens LMU34). I decided to only get the AGU2.002A149 board and OTGW.
I managed to connect the AGU2 and OTGW from Nodo-Shop, together with WeMos D1 Mini with rvdbreemen firmware. I am getting data via Serial and MQTT and I am able to monitor it using OTMonitor and HomeAssistant. I am using standalone mode.

Now, for the issue - I am able to get data current flow temp, flame status, central heating status, DHW status and modulation. It seems I can also send setpoint temperature but it seems it doesn't affect the real setpoint and boiler keeps warming the flow water to the temperature set with the knobs. I also am unable to get DHW temperature (which the boiler must know, because I can see it on the boiler segment display). I've added the ID request with AA=26 command.

I've send the capabilities report and I can see it on the website (thanks), however, I cannot generate one for myself. When I try to do that without specifying boiler model and e-mail address it completes to 100% and then gets stuck on checking MsgID 3. Aborting throws an exception with some filexxxxxxx (I'll update the exact naming, but I'm not home right now) and requires closing and opening OTMonitor to work again.

So my question comes to that:
- Can I do anything to make the boiler recognize the commands it gets?
- Is there a chance that getting an OT Thermostat would unlock the capabilities to control the boiler with OTGW? Can it be any OT Thermostat or should it be Brotje RGI offered by Brotje for this Boiler?

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”