OTWG hangs up

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

halemb
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTWG hangs up

Post by halemb »

I purchased the OTGW a few years ago from the Nodo-Shop. Everything worked fine until a few days ago when something went wrong.

Upon connecting the power, the system starts (a green LED blinks), and it responds correctly in my home assistant. However, after a few seconds, the LED stops blinking, and I receive an error in Home Assistant indicating a communication error with the thermostat (F2** - something). This issue occurs consistently.

https://youtu.be/PRiIBkRcX4s?si=cx01UB7pitL4-GXS

Do I need to purchase a new OTGW, or is there something I can do to address this?
hvxl

Re: OTWG hangs up

Post by hvxl »

Your description is much too vague to be able to provide any useful suggestions. You say the LED stops blinking. But the link shows the green LED blinking all the way to the end of the video. The video also shows that no thermostat is connected to the OTGW.

Without a clear description of the problem and a log of the output produced by the OTGW, it's impossible to understand what may be wrong.
Schelte
halemb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: OTWG hangs up

Post by halemb »

Ok.

The thermostat is currently not connected as I was investigating whether it has any impact on the issue. However, I have determined that it does not. The problem occurs both when the thermostat is connected and disconnected, as well as with the ethernet.

The occurrences seem to be quite random. I have conducted several tests, and the results are as follows:
- 1st attempt -> 2 mins 55
- 2nd -> 3:12
- 3rd -> 3:05
- 4th -> 4:32

You can observe the exact timing of these incidents in the video provided below.
https://youtube.com/shorts/h3D1YTZIhYA? ... Coqs6VyX5b

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”