Visonic Powermax Pro and XM10

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

I am still trying to make the Powermax Pro and XM10 combination working. I've put a jumper on the lowest two pins right of the RJ11 connector for the XM10 interface, selecting one way devices (this part if very unclear in the manual). I also configured several events to send X10 commands on the powerline. However, nothing happens. I have a straight cable between the Powermax Pro and the XM10 (even tried a cross). Anyone any ideas?
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

I have been experimenting too with the PowerMax Pro and an XM10, but it does not seem to work either here.

I have an AM12 appliance module that I intend to use to switch on an outside light in case of an alarm.

The AM12 has a HOUSE/UNIT code of A1. The PowerMax Pro has the X10 jumper set to 2-way (1-way or off does not make a difference)

A few questions:

- Is it normal for the AM12 to be in the ON position all the time? I checked the unit (disconnected from the mains) with a multi-meter and even then both poles are in passthru mode (Seems the internal relay defaults to ON).
According to the manual, fast on/off switching of the appliance should trigger the internal relay (which does not happen)

- How did you program the X10 unit? On the PMPro, normally all selections are confirmed by a black steady cursor next to the selection, but it seems on my PMPro it does not do this (See picture)

<center>Image</center>

- How did you configure the PowerMax Pro to enable the 2-way keyfob to turn on/off the AM12 using the A or B key?

I am about to return both the XM10 and AM12 to the webshop I bought it from as it does not work the way it should.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

As far as I can remember an AM12 defaults to off. To connect the XM10 to the Visonic Powermax Pro you need a crosscable, opposed to what the Marmitek documentation is mentioning. The jumper should be set to 1-way if you are only using one way devices like the AM12. To configure the keyfob to be used to turn on and off the lights you have to first have to configure the mode of AUX and AUX-B buttons in the 'Centrale' menu. These have to be set to PGM/X10. Then you can configure the target of the button in the X10 configuration menu.

Rene.
DMB

Post by DMB »

The AM12 has a bistable relais. When you pull out the module from the mains the status of the relais is preserved. Putting on the mains again does not change the status of the relais.

DMB
Ruud
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Ruud »

it's 1 way and the powermax pro wil send digital input to the XM10 and there it's be converted to x10 command's. Never try to configure the xm10 to te Powermax. XM10 is no't a x10 device!!!! Only a gateway fom visonic to x10 command's.
The cable is a straight forward rj 11

Gr Ruud

ps i made the same mistake (Bert came to the rescue ;-) )
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

Got it working!

A badly crimped RJ11 connector was the culprit (The cable connecting the XM10 to the PowerMaxPro needed to go through a small hole in a wall so I had to cut the cable and fit a new connector afterwards).

Works perfecly now. Pressing the B key on the keyfob switches on the AM12 and pressing the Alarm Off key (upper right) switches it off.

Will probably be ordering some more of those AM12 units for various lights in and around the house.

Only thing thing missing on the AM12 is being able to switch it locally. But I already found a module that has this option available (S2027 -> http://www.elekhomica.nl/product_info.p ... cts_id=412
DMB

Post by DMB »

For the old powermax it's working fine with the XM10.

Did you check:

- PGM & X10 Tijd is put to a value (Time before sending X10 Off command)
- Timer PGM/X10 start and stop times
- Push the key 9 (keypad) and check BY SENSOR ON and BY TIME ON (Zones AAN en Tijd aan)

The powermax sends only an X10 ON command when a zone or time is triggered. The OFF command is send after the define time is the field PGM & X10 tijd.

I use a straight RJ11 cable and have not changed any jumpers in the XM10.

DMB
DMB

Post by DMB »

JFN,

Sorry, posting at the same time.
What's the B key.
Do you use a MCT-234?

DMB
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

@DMB: I use the 2-way MCT-237 wireless keyfob. It has an A and B key (lower row on the 6-key keypad).

I programmed the B-key to switch on the outside light.
DMB

Post by DMB »

@JFN,

The MCT-237 only works with the powermax pro and not with the old powermax.

Other tip:
If you set the housecode of the powermax to eg. B then C1 is set to ON (X10 ON command) when the powermax gives alarm.
I use this device in homeseer for logging and for blinking outside lights.

You can also define a X10 device to send ON and OFF when the powermax is armed or disarmed. (X10 instellingen - Inschakeling: Ja)

You can combine 3 zones (OR function) to send X10 ON command when triggered.
I use it for a MCT302 with aux contact in the barn.
When one of the zones in the barn is triggered the powermax sends an X10 ON command to homeseer.

DMB
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

@JFN: Did you use a cross or a straight cable? There is lot of confusion in various documentation whether to use a straight or cross. I am fairly sure I did have to use a cross.

Rene.
Jfn

Post by Jfn »

I used a straight cable. The cross cable that came with the XM10 did not work.

When both connectors are oriented the same way, the configuration of the cable resembles the coulour-scheme in the picture, i.e. 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 and 4-4.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rklootwijk</i>
<br />@JFN: Did you use a cross or a straight cable? There is lot of confusion in various documentation whether to use a straight or cross. I am fairly sure I did have to use a cross.

Rene.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
jvanhambelgium
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Visonic Powermax Pro and XM10

Post by jvanhambelgium »

Rene wrote:@JFN: Did you use a cross or a straight cable? There is lot of confusion in various documentation whether to use a straight or cross. I am fairly sure I did have to use a cross.

Rene.
Rene, did you finally manage to get it working ? I'm having the same issues.
Just receive my Powermax Pro + XM10 gateway.

The Visonic product had 2 x RJ11 in the box, 1 labelled "cross" and 1 labelled "straight" but the wires are exactly the same !
Are all 4 wires used ? Do I need a real straight cable with 4 wires ?
I tried with a real "straight" RJ11 from the telco company (only 2 inner wires cabled) but no luck.

On the same powerbar I have the CM15Pro to "monitor" any X10 events on the wire. Basically *NOTHING* exits the Powermax Pro
I'm pretty sure my Powermax Pro config is quite OK :

-> X10 is enable by zone disturbance and mapped to the correct zone.
-> All settings left default, EXCEPT the JUMPER that I placed on the bottom 2 pins (1-way X10 Modules)
-> Did not touch PowerLink of PGM stuff, only items relevant for X10

I can't seem to detect any "output" ... the red led on the XM10 seems active. For the rest there is not much to tune ?
jvanhambelgium
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Visonic Powermax Pro and XM10

Post by jvanhambelgium »

Everything is working now.
Problem was the cable, a batch of XM10 modules has wrong cables shipped wich are of the "straight" type while a cross-cable is needed.
Actually, there are 2 cables included with labels "straight" and "crosscable" but both are "crosscable"

Happy with it so far, the outdoor wireless Tower sees the activity, and triggers a dummy X10 code, the CM15Pro picks this up and fires the macro the activate rooftop spots only between Dusk & Dawn for my location for X amount of time.

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”