axis 207 streaming to website problem

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

marcodewolf

Post by marcodewolf »

Hello, I want to stream the video of the ip camera(axis 207)to my website with the built in HTML, i get the following message:

AudioComponent which enables streaming audio in Microsoft Internet Explorer, has not been installed or could not be registered on this computer. To install or upgrade the AudioComponent , you must have Administration rights on this computer and you must answer Yes when asked if you wish to allow the installation.

http://www.axis.com/techsup/faq/index.php?id=63639

Is there an other easier way to sent the stream, so my grantma only have to install once an axtiveX component.
or what i am doing wrong must the activeX component in my rootfolder.

Marco
www.marcodewolf.nl
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

How does the link look like?
Looks like you use the ActiveX component of AXIS. Once you link to the URL of the camera it Will ask to install the component on your machine.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

If you got vista and you have the popup "are you sure" with everything turned on (UAC i believe) then you can forget it. Best thing to do is not use any active x component and do it either with javascript/java or with jpeg stream.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
flexer

Post by flexer »

With the Axis 207, you have 2 options to transmit live video: Mpeg4 (needs the ActiveX control installed in your browser) or Motion JPEG. The latter consumes more bandwidth, but no plugin is required.

Regards,

Flexer

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”