anyone have a powermax+?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
Frode
Starting Member
Starting Member

anyone have a powermax+?

Post by Frode »

1: on the back there is a jumper for 1w /2w if i only have LD11`s it probobly right to use the 1way ?

2 :what is the DEF jumper on the back ?

3: the 3 phase setting is that in use ? if set wrong could that result in the x-10 stuff not responding ?

4: the start stop setting lockout time : if i put both to 00.00 is it disabled then ? hope so :)

the reason for these question is that: the powermax does npt turn lights on/off correctly .. sometimes it works and sometimes not (not even the led on xm10 is flashing) the x-10 stuff is on the same phase and controls perfectly with ir-remote ...
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

anyone have a powermax+?

Post by Bwired »

I have a normal Visonic Powermax alarm panel with a Marmitek XM10 attached to it. This XM10 I only use for status Alarm set on or set of. And also if a alarm event occurs it will give a X10 signal on the powerline. This is the only thing that works after a lot of experimenting. One thing I know for sure is that the Visonic Powermax is a good alarm panel but the whole X10 interface really sucks! For receiving all the Visonic Powermax devices I use the RFXcom Visonic RF Receiver. On all the all questions I cant help you.
Pieter
Frode
Starting Member
Starting Member

anyone have a powermax+?

Post by Frode »

ok , i have also ordered a RFXcom Visonic RF reciver a few days ago ( hope i will get it all the way up here in Norway ) :)

also the lights do work sometimes , it seems that the panel just forget that it also is suposed to send out x-10 commands...
quite strange.. ( that is wy i am interested in all the proper settings) - the users manual are of little help :(
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

anyone have a powermax+?

Post by Bwired »

I tried lot's of things with the settings and also some friends of mine which have the same problems with the Powermax. I Have a older version of the Powermax and perhaps your firmware is better but I doubt it!
Frode
Starting Member
Starting Member

anyone have a powermax+?

Post by Frode »

powermax+ works perfect here now .. probobly they have changed tg fimware to a better one..

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”