Newbie Question.

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
startrk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Newbie Question.

Post by startrk »

Hi Bwired. I am new to this site and was reading the fourms. I was wondering if you could give me some info. I am trying to get into home automation after seeing your site. I am more of a Linux guy and I have temp monitors through 1-wire and security cameras through the program called zoneminder. I would like to add door monitoring.

1. When viewing your Devices page, you have a Visonic MCT-302 as a monitoring device on a door. What does the 302 talk to? Is the receiver RS232 or USB?

2. Are you planning on releasing your software (free or purchase)? Being a linux guy I know next to nothing about VB so any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your help!!!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Newbie Question.

Post by Bwired »

Hi Startrk
The MCT-302 is a Visonic device which is normal part of a alarm system (Visonic Powermax) http://www.visonic.com/visonichomepage. ... enDocument
www.Rfxcom.com has created a USB receiver which can receive almost all the wireless Visonic sensors. There is a driver available for Homeseer and of course you can develop your own driver, there is a vb.net sample program with source code available. So back to the devices like the Visonic MCT-302, this devices is now used by the alarm panel as well as by my home automation system. In due time I will release my software as open source code but I'm still far from that, I also want write a new system in VB.NET / ASP.NET.
Regards Pieter

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”