Import tax on products outside Europe

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Hi Pieter,

I believe there is also something called import duty, which is an additional tax you pay before VAT. I'll check with a friend of mine who is looking at the that kind of stuff for a large International. I'll post my findings on this subject.

Willem.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Here is the UPS guy trying to deliver a package..... The Doorbell camera took a picture of the event. I was in the shower so I could not open the door [:)].
[img]uploaded\bwired\Door_14_37_29.jpg[/img]

Damn another customer not at home [:D]. So he put a note in my mailbox telling me he will try to deliver the next day. The sensor on my mailbox triggered the camera again to make a picture.
[img]uploaded\bwired\Door_14_38_35.jpg[/img]

And finally the next day the same UPS guy delivers the package form Germany. Lucky for me no tax paying this time [:I]
[img]uploaded\bwired\Door_11_14_40.jpg[/img]
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by --Richard</i>
<br />If I am correct, you <b>only</b> have to pay the VAT <font color="green">(in Dutch: BTW)</font id="green"> over the imported product, so make sure you ask the reseller from outside the EG to ship the product <b>without </b> VAT.

The idea is you only have to pay VAT once, so the US reseller (or other non-EU country) should send the product without VAT and note the value of the product (again: without VAT) on the parcel. Upon import, the destination country will add VAT which have to be paid to the parcel delivery service.

Reagards,

Richard
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi Richard,

In US it is common to ship out of state without adding VAT, or local sales tax as they call it.

Cheers, Willem.

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”