Designing Controls

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Designing Controls

Post by Digit »

Hi,

Although i don't have a Touchscreen yet, i did start thinking about how the control should look like. Started with a button. I've come up with this, a toggle button working similar to what i'm using on the Pronto:

Now the question for the touch-experienced users is: shouldn't it be better to put the green indicator bar above the text, so your finger won't hide large part of it? Cause all i see in other threads is indicators at the bottom. Why? Because it's prettier? Other considerations?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Designing Controls

Post by Bwired »

Much nicer this way!
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Designing Controls

Post by Esteban »

Hi Digit,

Generally I'd say it's just a question of preference. Having it at the bottom or top doesn't really matter imho. The indicator is to see what devices are ON or OFF. Usually when you look if stuff is ON or OFF your finger isn't anywhere near the button.

Just my 2 cents
Lennart

Designing Controls

Post by Lennart »

Hi Digit,

The buttons look neat! One reason to have the status indicator not on the button is that in HSTouch the status indicator is really a seperate object: a status bar (comparable to a progress bar) that can also display values other than 0 or 1 (e.g. anything from 0 to 100 for dimming). I'm afraid that won't work well with these glowing indicators (although they look much nicer...)?

Lennart

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”