Reading Modules from PlugwiseData.mdb

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Hello,

As I installed a win32 machine dedicated to PlugWise and as I want to read directly the mdb file, I am using ActivePerl via ODBC to read mainly the appliances_log table.

The point I am willing to know is wheather reading the access file (ODBC read only) may corrupt it. (As of your experience, not as general Access question ;-))I noticed some inconsistencies while polling it. (I had even to reinstall the software, some tables were illisible (once more, via the ODBC stuff)). I do not know if Access permits "consistent reads" and if my readings from the mdb may harm the genuine Plugwise update.

By the way, I already had to reinitialize two Circles, they didn't communicate any more with the others (they were relly near the others). The plugout/wait/plugin three times did the trick (as I saw on Domotica, the Dutch sentence on Plugwise site is ... in Dutch)

Regards, Radu

RC
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

Hi Radu,

If you don't poll more than every 30 sec you might consider copying the database file first before reading it, that way you will never corrupt the data I think.

Darwusch
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Hi Darwusch,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I arrived at this solution as I poll every minute the mdb file and I have 27 modules (The perl routine slows down and mdb file is almost constantly being used by Source Software).

Radu

RC
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

I did the same thing for Graphs. Copying the DB every 5 minutes just to make sure the file isn't locked and I won't mess up the DB.
DJ
Reinder

Post by Reinder »

That's the best solution. Messing up the db makes the software to crash.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”