Plugwise server as service

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Hello

Sorry Maarten to disturb you, "If you need an example of srvany let me know..." (Concerning plugwise service in the wishlist). What is the program I have to put as a service ? PlugwisePC.exe ? PlugwiseServer.exe ? I tried once, but the web server didn't start up until I ran plugwise software manually.

Thank you and regards,

Radu

RC
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

I found that it is plugwiseserver.exe that is to be ran as a service by means of srvany, etc. I had to wait a while though in the begining for the server to start properly (a few seconds). Radu

RC
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Well, once installed as a service, plugwiseserver.exe makes impossible the use of plugwisePC.exe (stick appears offline, no modules). Bad enough, the counters were not updated for two hours.

Does anyone have a solution for using plugwise as a service ? I mean, if pc crashes or stops, when it will reboot, it will not lauch the software until logged in (unless installed as a service).

What about a shortage of energy in the town, current will be back in five minutes, nobody is at home, when everything is up and running, all the circles are ON (water pump too ;-)), and impossible to switch off remotely.

Question is : What is the executable file installable with srvany as a service, still permitting to use the software ?

Maybe installing the service but not running it is a temporary solution. If noone is at home, if PC crashes, it starts on reboot the server, when someone comes home, stop the service, start the plugwise source software, etc, etc

Thank you for your time. Radu

RC
Lempens

Post by Lempens »

Does your water pump have a sensor to see the pressure of it. My pump only runs when the pressure is below 1.5 bar.

Maybe install temporally a ups.
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

No sensor on the pump, it takes water from a deep fountain and fills until stopped some surface barrels.
I do have two UPS, the problem is a principial one ;-)
Radu

RC
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Radu</i>
<br />
Does anyone have a solution for using plugwise as a service ? I mean, if pc crashes or stops, when it will reboot, it will not lauch the software until logged in (unless installed as a service).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Radu,

Maybe automatic boot on power loss (BIOS), automatic logon in combination with this can help you.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

radu,

Do you set the directory of the executable correct in the registry?
Try to monitor with regmon and filemon to look for any errors.
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

Hi, maybe I was not so clear. Service works OK (as a service speking, not as PlugWise job). I made this afternoon another test.
A) No plugwisePC running. Ran only plugwiseserver.exe (from the commandline, or doubleclick, or ...)
No mdb data is written, it is only read.
If I launch plugwisePC.exe, it can't see the stick (question mark for everything)

B)I stop the plugwiseserver.exr, launch plugwisepc.exe, everything is OK, mdb is updated regularly, etc

In those conditions, which is the program I should use as a service ? If I use plugwiseserver.exr, it doesn't update the mdb, if I put as a service plugwisepc, I can't open it as a normal user to see the graphs, add groups, etc.

I will use as a service the plugwise service only in the case of an uttatended reboot, as I poll the webserver regularly i will see that there is no new data added, so emergency step. Does that sound to you natural as an action ?

Thank you, Radu

RC
Radu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Radu »

I just decided to use digit's Idea, no service at all, when power comes back, computer boots automatically and logs on with default Plugwise user, starts the Source, and everything is OK. I was reluctant to user's password put in the registry, but the computer sees nothing on the local network and has only Plugwise software installed. Thank you for all your input.

Radu

RC

Return to “Plugwise Forum”