capturing DS2423 counter data

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....

Postby Rob_w » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:17 pm

Hello,

I realise that this may be a somewhat stupid question but I'll give it a go anyway.
I have a small 1-wire network with a variety of sensors and so. Including the ds2423 counter. I want to use it in combination with a IR-light barrier to "watch" the kWh meter disk. The counter works fine.
I can read the counter values by using the counter viewer made by aagelectronica. However I would like to automate this. I've seen lots of program codes on this forum but I don't really understand those. I need a simple piece of software that reads the value of the counter and places that value in an exel sheet or in a text file.

My programming skills are extremely limited but I hope that you can help me with this.

Many thanks in advance!

Rob.
Rob_w
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Digit » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi Rob,

I know there's a software tool around that can do DDE and file logging and that supports 1-Wire devices.
I have been playing with this around 2 years ago, in combination with an OPC server.
No programming skills needed, just create a .ini file and off you go!

It's called OneSix DDE Server and you can find it here: http://www.pointsix.com/cgi-bin/PointSix.cgi?Onesix_DDE
(don't mind the talk about wireless, it can do 1-Wire for sure)

If this doesn't help you, just say so, cause i'm sure there must be more than 1 way to fix your problem.

Regards,
Digit.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rob_w » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:48 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
The software doesn't seem to be downloadeble at the site you gave me, but with a little help from google I managed to find it here : http://txwx.com/downloads/onesixsetup.zip
However, after downloading and installing the program seems to hang every time I try to run it. I will have a closer look at it in the morning. Perhaps a reboot of my system helps.

I hope I can get it going. After a quick look at the site and the maual it definately seems to be what I'm looking for.
Meanwhile, if anyone has more or other suggestions, I would be happy to read them.

Thanks,
Rob.

-edit-
It seems that the software isn't compatible with the DS9490 usb adapter..
Rob_w
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Digit » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:31 pm

Rob,

Bad luck... It works great with a serial adapter; and since i have version 1.6 and you have version 2.1 of OneSix, i don't think i can help you any further with that.

Regards,
Digit.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rob_w » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:43 pm

Hello Digit,

I'll see if I can get my hands on a serial adapter. Eventually I'll want to hook it up to my server so it may just as well be serial.

Meanwhile I'm still open for other suggestions..

Greetings,
Rob.
Rob_w
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Digit » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:53 pm

Rob,

I just sent you an email. [:)]

Robert.
Digit
Global Moderator