Plugwise Problem. No internet. No Go.. No Joy

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Wifi, this is not meant as bashing. I'm just asking Reinder/Plugwise to take a stand.

Lennart
SNG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by SNG »

Okay, so far I understand, if you want use Plugwise on a computer without internet, for ex. hacking-security issues, then is it not working at all? You need internet to install the software? You buy for 360 euro stuff but you can't use it all because you have simply no internet on that system. Come on....
Where is that BS of requirement listed on the website of Plugwise???? Or is that also a small little detail that the guys of Plugwise forget to tell to you?

First the sneeky way of collection of personal data without our knowledge and permissions. Yes even the fact that I have a fridge or a laptop is considered by law personal data! And now this hidden requirement... Start to wonder what they keep more secret from us???? Who knows stop all the devices on July 1st 2009 and you have to pay a service charge... They update quick their policy and you should know it before... don't know anymore with these guys, my trust in them is totally gone!

The problem is when Plugwise is gone and their servers too. How we can install the software on our computers? We paid a lot of money for our devices and then we also want the guarantee that it can be used for the next 20 years. If I as end-user decide not to update the software of the devices or whatever, that is my right as end-user by law.

Try to do this in the USA... you have immediately a big court case with claims in the millions... Shall ask my brother in California to install a few modules... he is always interested to claim some millions... :)

Return to “Plugwise Forum”