Twice emails?

Questions, suggestions or remarks about this forum.

Moderator: TheHogNL

Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Twice emails?

Post by Snelvuur »

I clicked on the "subscribe" button so i receive an email if there is a new item. Only i receive 2x that email. One saying i'am subscriped to it and the other saying a new message for this and this has been made on the forum.

Any way to put it that i only get 1 mail per new post instead of 2?
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Twice emails?

Post by MindBender »

Are you using Outlook as a mail client? Have you created a 'rule' to handle these email notifications? If so, check if the notification messages qualify for more than one rule of if you have the message 'moved' to another folder. Any of these actions will duplicate the message.

I am subscribed to any postings on this forum and I don't have any duplicate emails.

However, while we're at it: I receive multiple notifications for multiple posts within the same topic. That's kind of annoying. PhpBb does a much better job there: It notifies you about a posting on a topic once. After the notification it will hold all further notifications on that specific topic until you log in again and read the topic.

Pieter, why don't you use phpBb anyway? It's fully feature, proven, reliable and free...
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Twice emails?

Post by Snelvuur »

I have a move rule indeed.. but i use my imap webmail normally so i dont often check outlook (i use it since i dont know how to move mail from linux like procmail since its imap)

But indeed phpbb is pretty nice but its a hell to go from one forum to another. Loosing good ideas would be a pitty.

Although.. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=460820 is a Snitz to phpbb convertor.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Twice emails?

Post by Bwired »

Hi Guys
I'm a ASP guy, never worked with PHP. I did make a Lot adjustment on this forum. Let me see what I can do about the notifications. But so much to do and so little time :-(
Regards Pieter
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Twice emails?

Post by Snelvuur »

Dunno if you have a linux box, but setting it up with php and mysql is 15 minutes work maximum. I can even host it if you want, since i have a normal box in a datacenter. But i doubt you will :)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Twice emails?

Post by Bwired »

Thanks,
I only run Bwired from home, all my other sites are hosted with double backup now [:)]
I know setting up is easy, but I have a bad habit in wanting to understand everything. So I don't want to go in PHP.
Thanks though!
Pieter
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Twice emails?

Post by Snelvuur »

Well you dont need php knowledge, since it comes with an installer. With your skills you can even install phpbb for windows at almost no effort, but this will take some time. And ofcourse time a normal person does not have. :-)

Return to “Suggestions, Questions & Feedback”