DSC Power Series Security Panels

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

Merdeka

Post by Merdeka »

Hello out there,

This i my first post here so first a little bit about myself.

I'm Timo Sariwating from the Netherlands and have been using Misterhouse since 2006. Last month we moved to a new place and i'm planning on swithing over to Domotiga. I use 1-Wire for weather and temp sensors, EIB for lights and blinds. And i have a DSC Power832 with the PC5401 interface for security.

This morning i started on writing a class for the DSC alarm panel.
I'm no programmer but using the gambas wiki and copying an other class i now have a working alpha version.

For the moment it is RX only .. Still working on TX and no wireless sensors. I only have wired sensors at my place.

@Ron.. can i zip and eMail my Domotiga directory to you so you can have a look? Especially the use of IF ELSE vs CASE

Regards,

Timo
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

Hi Timo,

nice to hear you have invested some time in learning Gambas, and building code for DomotiGa!

I will be happy to have a look at your code. You can email it to cyberjunkynl AT gmail DOT com

What kind of 1-wire interface do you have? I'm still busy with digitemp support.

Regards,
Ron.
Merdeka

Post by Merdeka »

Hi Ron,

I have a DS9097U-A but lost it while moving to our new house. It's in a box somewhere but i can't remember which. So for now i just build the serial interface from http://martybugs.net/electronics/tempse ... rdware.cgi on a breadboard. Digitemp works perfectly with this interface so digitemp support would be great.

For EIB support i hope to get some inspiration in the misterhouse EIB perl modules but i don't dare to start on that one at the moment.

I'm still breaking my head on the checksum at the end of the rs-232 string from the DSC panel.

Regards,

Timo
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Merdeka</i>
<br />

Digitemp works perfectly with this interface so digitemp support would be great.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You can try digitemp out now in the latest code.

Regards,
Ron.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”