HomeZIX

Introduce home automation related software here.....
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

HomeZIX

Post by Snelvuur »

http://www.automationvista.com/

Supports multiple technologies (currently Zwave, Insteon, and X10). HomeZIX enables automation features from different technologies working together to achieve broader functionality for your home automation.

Easy to use. Simply drag-and-drop automation components on top of your house's floor plan to build your automation network.

Interactive and intuitive. Device status and control are visual and interactive. User can also customize appearance of devices.

Supports IP web-based cameras. Populate unlimited numbers of IP web-based camera throughout the house to see what is going on in real-time.

Simple and Intuitive Zwave thermostat scheduling. Easily create multiple set-points to maximize the comfort of your home.

Virtual devices. HomeZIX introduces virtual switches and dimmers which provide greater flexibility to work with multiple devices.

Multiple and Independent Scripts. HomeZIX supports multiple scripts. Each one can run independently to control a specific task.

Powerful advanced scripting capability. HomeZIX includes everything to compose, compile and run automation logic in C#, the most powerful and popular programming language. HomeZIX also makes it simple enough so that you don't have to know all about C# programming. With just a few simple lines of code, you can create very sophisticated control automation.
HomeVista
Starting Member
Starting Member

HomeZIX

Post by HomeVista »

<b>Chat with HomeZIX</b>

After showing the ultimate flexibility of our HomeZIX’s C# scripting feature on serial devices and PocketPC programming, now we take it to a new level: Making HomeZIX work with Yahoo Messenger including SMS on your celluar phone! For the first time, it is so easy and convenient, at virtually no cost.

Here are the steps to make it work.

Register a new YM ID.
Program HomeZIX scripts, and run HomeZIX.
Download and run the FREE YahooZIX, a gateway connecting HomeZIX and Yahoo messenger.
Enjoy.

1. Register a new Yahoo Messenger ID.
This section assumes that you are familiar with Yahoo Messenger. Otherwise, check out the link here: http://messenger.yahoo.com

Besides the normal ID that you are using to communicate with your friends and family, you will need to create another ID for your home automation, just like another friend sitting at home, ready to serve you. We’d like to call it: A digital friend at home. After creating the new ID, you will have to add that to your normal ID. It is a good idea to try manually first to make sure you can chat with your digital friend back and forth.

Tips:

After creating one account, you should go to its preferences to configure it to:
Automatically sign in: so that if for whatever reason it gets kicked out, it will automatically log back in.
Allow users to view your webcam (if you intend to use this feature.)
Configure your computer so that it will NOT go into hibernate or standby mode after a period of inactivity.
To run multiple versions of Messenger on one machine (e.g: to test two IDs), create a DWORD registry value named “Plural” at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yahoo\Pager\Test and set to something other than 0 (zero).

2. Program HomeZIX scripts
This section assumes that you are familiar with HomeZIX’s basic operation and C# language. Please check out www.automationvista.com for more details.

In our demonstration, we populate two devices: one X10 switch and one Zwave dimmer. We drop in an Advanced Script and then go to the C# code editor. Right click on the code window and open the source file.

This is where HomeZIX processes your messages from Yahoo Messenger. It is totally up to you to design what HomeZIX should do when you command it with your syntax. The power is in your hands. In this demonstration we program it to do: if the remote user types: “hello”, it responds back with “Hello sir. What can I do for you?”. To turn on the X10 switch, remote user should type “Switch on”. To set the dimmer level, the user should type: “Set dimmer level 50%”, etc..

After programming the ProcessMessage function, click the “Compile” button to make sure that it compiles ok. Click OK all the way to go back to HomeZIX’s main window and switch to “Run” mode by selecting “Manage”->”Run” on the menu.

3. Download and run YahooZIX
This is our free program which acts as a gateway between HomeZIX and Yahoo Messenger. When you chat with your digital friend at home, YahooZIX grabs your messages, forwards to HomeZIX to execute, and sends back information (if necessary) to you. Please note again that we put power in your hands: What messages you send and how HomeZIX should react totally depend on how you program the script. There are two exceptions:

When you send a special text to your digital friend “I will be on SMS”, YahooZIX will send back a greeting message to you after 10 seconds. This is necessary because when you sign in to mobile (to use SMS), it is difficult to initiate conversation from the phone. By sending a greeting message to your phone, you now can easily reply to it. So don’t forget to type “I will be on SMS” before doing so.

When you send a special text to your digital friend “Show me the webcam”, YahooZIX will activate the webcam and invite you to view it. This is necessary because when the digital friend signs in automatically, webcam is not enabled by default.

4. Enjoy
Make sure you setup everything correctly:

Login your digital friend account
Program and run HomeZIX
Run YahooZIX (don’t forget to click the “Start & Minimize” button.)

http://www.automationvista.com
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

HomeZIX

Post by Snelvuur »

I allready had that with homeseer :) i think europe is more msn then yahoo though. And people dont use sms that often anymore since its cheaper + more functions to just use grps/umts on the phone to browse to your automation website.

Product looks nice, but i'am going to use xanura (A10) which is not supported. And if i where a potential buyer i would want at least support for the rfxcom too.
HomeVista
Starting Member
Starting Member

HomeZIX

Post by HomeVista »

To snelvuur:
We are investigating MSN and will integrate it soon.

Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

HomeZIX

Post by Bwired »

I think Xanura (A10) is fully supported by HomeZIX because A10 is fully compatible with X10 (A10 only better). If the Xanura CTX35 controller is supported I don't now, it's the same as the TI203 X10 controller.
regards Pieter
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

HomeZIX

Post by Snelvuur »

Didn't see any support for ctx35/ti203.. i could be wrong..
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

HomeZIX

Post by Bwired »

I don't think you are wrong :-) But Homevista can answer that for sure!
HomeVista
Starting Member
Starting Member

HomeZIX

Post by HomeVista »

Hi Snelvuur,
Currently, with X10 technology, HomeZix 1.0 supports CM15A only. We surely want to support TI103 (TI203, CTX35),CM11A and several others technology like UPB, rfxcom... in HomeZix 2.0, which is supposed to be released in third or fourth quater. We will try to keep you updated.

HomeVista
Starting Member
Starting Member

HomeZIX

Post by HomeVista »

You create your own set of commands, you specify what subsequent action(s) should be performed, and then you say it.

We utilize the latest state-of-the-art speech recognition technology from MicrosoftTM to ensure the highest quality voice recognition to control home automation devices. We also put total control in your hands: You specify what commands the system should listen to, what action(s) the system should take when it hears and understands a particular command, and the audio response the system should reply with.

To make it work, there are just six simple steps to follow:

Download and run our VoiceZIX software. If necessary, run the intuitive Setup Wizard (built-in VoiceZIX) to setup voice recognition on your machine.
Create and test your own commands.
Export the template to HomeZIX’s script.
Customize the script in HomeZIX.
Run HomeZIX and connect VoiceZIX to HomeZIX
Enjoy talking to HomeZIX.

1. Download and run VoiceZIX software, our free voice interface software for HomeZIX’s users. Use VoiceZIX to create, manage, and test your voice commands.
The first step is to setup your computer so that it can recognize your voice. Select the “Speech Recognitionâ€
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

HomeZIX

Post by DJF3 »

Any News on support for the CM11a, RFXCOM receivers/transmitters?

Return to “Announcements & News”