X10 New member question

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Jinux
Starting Member
Starting Member

X10 New member question

Post by Jinux »

Hello, i am jeroen, i just joined the forum. I got 2 questions :

- Is there only one supplier of x10 products? Marmitek, or marmitek look a like ? Why isnt there any other x10 brands ?

I have installed x10 modules in my hous all around. But i get real frustrated that it never works for 100 %.

Now, i will install one FD10 filter in the gasmeterkast, after the hoofdschakelaar. And i going to put siemens ontstoringsfilters on all the equipment. See what that does. I hope this will make the x10 more reliable then it is now.

- What do you do to make x10 more reliable ?
[8D]
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

X10 New member question

Post by drmacchi »

x10 is a protocol used by many producers (resellers) , so there's a plenty of clones. Bwired did a list of many shops and producers (search in the forum). About your problems i thinks you have noise over 220v line that could be solved with filters , but you could explain better whta are your problems. Best regards. Lorenzo
Jinux
Starting Member
Starting Member

X10 New member question

Post by Jinux »

Yes much suppliers and repliers, all look like marmitek switches. Witch are all compatible with jung 500 serie, not really, the main thing that should be compatible is not, the schakelwip. But i know i should have bought these micromodules so i can use my own design switches, but when i started to use x10, 5 years ago, it was not realy clear to me what to use, so i choose the lw11g switches etc. and not the microswitches to put behind the designswitch. But that is just my bad.

The problems are that sometimes lights come on/off out of them selves randomly. Every unit that is behind the aarlekschakelaar dont work, i just found this out. Some units didnt work i got to the meterkast and followed the wires where the modules where plugged to, and i saw that all the units not working where behind the aardlekschakelaar. Also when i use the cm15 pro on my touchscreen to control the switches sometimes this does not work. When i keep touching the switch, then suddenly it comes on or off, this is also with the remote.

I was thinking of putting more tm13 around the house, maybe this would work better.

Also i have a one phase installation in my meterkast, at leaset, there are only coming two wires from the electric company into my house. So one fase, i guess ? I was thinking putting a FD10 filter behind the main switch, maybe this would help to reduce signals from coming in and out ?

Also i have found some radio-ontstorings filters from siemens, i thought maybe put them between my hifi stuff and computers ?

When i started this x10 5 years ago, i had like 4 switches, that was it, it worked great, but the more switches i got, one day it all stopped working. Somehow i got the switches working again one at a time by plugging them into a tm13 and switching the remote several times, the came alive again, since this time i have problems. Now i have about 8 in wall dimmers and 10 plugin units all around.

Another problem is, when i want to switch on/off light A3, then sometimes A2 comes on/off. Or switch A4 on/off A5 comes on/off.

Any ideas for filtering the noise on the system ?

I have but the blue wire on to aarde (groengeel) in de meterkast before the aardlekschakelaar. This was helping a little.

I also read here to bu the cm15 in the meterkast, but then i need a realy long usb cable to the touch screen. So this is no option.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Ruud
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

X10 New member question

Post by Ruud »

Don't use to many ms 13 in you're house!!!!!!! search for ms13 problems
:-( i mis read the whole thing!!!
Sorry
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

X10 New member question

Post by drmacchi »

Ms13 ? i thinks you mean TM13, yes don't use many tm13 and respect distances. I'd change interface , a CTX35 instead of CM15. Are you using some software or macro saved in CM15. I use HS + CTX35 and a "second hardware system without software" THAT IS A sc9000 SECURITY ALARM STATION

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”