Included Popp wireless wall switch in HS

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

After a lot of trial and error I finaly managed to include the Popp wireless wall switch in HS and associated it with a module.
Only................... I don not know any more how I did it, but it can be working !!

EzHome

Post by EzHome »

Well well........ That's good News!

Still 3 to go but this time please make some notes for us how you did it!
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

Sure will

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ezHome</i>
<br />Well well........ That's good News!

Still 3 to go but this time please make some notes for us how you did it!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
mhn

Post by mhn »

I am not sure what Popp controller you are using but:

As far as I know Popp = Duwi except the name.

From Micasaverde forum ( http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php? ... sg4965#new )

"According to Duwi's engineers, their remotes do *not* support the Z-Wave scene controller or scene transfer commands. So they're not technically Z-Wave handheld remotes, because those commands are mandatory for a remote since that's the only way to transfer scenes into them. The Duwi uses their own proprietary closed system, I was told, where you have to build the scenes within the remote. So, you can include the remote into Vera's Z-Wave network, so the Duwi can see and talk to all the Z-Wave devices, but you can't create scenes in Vera and transfer them to the Duwi, or use the Duwi to trigger scenes in Vera, because it doesn't support Z-Wave scenes."
EzHome

Post by EzHome »

William,

Can you see what the role is from Homeseer?
I think this is what you did:

Adding the nodes into the remote wall switch (this way it becomes a primary controller)
Copy the nodes to Homeseer so Homeseer is a secondary controller now.

I also tried this workaround into Vera and this works, so I can control the nodes with the wireless wall switch and I can see them in Vera and control them.
Vera's role now is secondary controller instead of primary.

What can't be done is activate a scene or an event, same as in Homeseer.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

I have also a topic about this switch on HS forum.
It will be great if events can be controlled.

Willem did you try event triggering?

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
mhn

Post by mhn »

I have given up trying to get my Duwi ZW FB 10 remote working with a master.

So I have connected it to my House Controls network, and made the associations directly between remote and dimmers/switch's. That works fine. Both Duwi and House Control controls the devices.

But I want my remotes to activate scenes. So no more Duwi remotes for me.

I think, I have had a Innovus Z-ring working with a HomeSeer demo. So I guess QEES ring will to. http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b8e ... b8efbb78/1 . I had some trouble but unfortunately I didn't make notes, and it was a while ago.
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

Willem-Jan,

That should mean that my AEON is secundary now, and that I can not add any nodes any more with the AEON? I have to give this a try this week. I think what I did from HS is making a copy of the AEON to the Duwi-switch. This is the dicription of HS:
<i>Use to add new nodes or remove nodes from a secondary Z-Wave controller. This is done by copying the node information from your primary HomeSeer Z-Wave controller into your secondary controller.
</i>.

For Chak:
I also have written my info on the topic you started on the HS-forum, maybe they can help us any further. And no, I can not trigger an event by actuating the Duwi, I believe this is not possible with any transmitter like the Duwi, somewhere on the HS-forum I saw a topic where Rick stated that only Wayn-Dalton transmitters or nodes will report status changes to HS without polling and so on. I have 2 ACT-transmitters over here, they have the same problem, you will never see a status change of them, they always report status 'off'. Maybe because transmitters do not control a load, but only send commands to controllers/nodes. But there is always a work-around to trigger a event by menas off a wall-transmitter: let it switch a cheap node and fire a event on the status change of that node.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ezHome</i>
<br />William,

Can you see what the role is from Homeseer?
I think this is what you did:

Adding the nodes into the remote wall switch (this way it becomes a primary controller)
Copy the nodes to Homeseer so Homeseer is a secondary controller now.

I also tried this workaround into Vera and this works, so I can control the nodes with the wireless wall switch and I can see them in Vera and control them.
Vera's role now is secondary controller instead of primary.

What can't be done is activate a scene or an event, same as in Homeseer.
mhn

Post by mhn »

If you controllers support SUC/SIS, secondary controllers can add nodes.

My Innovus SmoothRemotes can add nodes to my network, where Innovus House Control is primary.
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

O.k., then I have to find out wether the AEON supports this, may Ezhome can give a answere to this?

Edit:

Already found it: Based on Zensys 5.02 protocol (40kbps bandwidth, SUC/SIS)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mhn</i>
<br />If you controllers support SUC/SIS, secondary controllers can add nodes.

My Innovus SmoothRemotes can add nodes to my network, where Innovus House Control is primary.
EzHome

Post by EzHome »

Yes you can add nodes to your network, the Aeon-Labs supports SUC/SIS.

The Homeseer description is the other way arround, this would mean that Homeseer/Aeon-Labs still is prim and the Popp is secondary.

What in my case is that the Popp is prim now and Vera/Aeon-Labs is secondary now. Due to the SUC/SIS I am still able to add nodes to the network with my Aeon-Labs.

Let's make z-wave EZ
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

That's also what I tought, the AEON is still primary, ther is also a other possiblity in HS and then it will become secundary, so use these options with <b><font color="red">caution</font id="red"></b>!

<br />Yes you can add nodes to your network, the Aeon-Labs supports SUC/SIS.

The Homeseer description is the other way arround, this would mean that Homeseer/Aeon-Labs still is prim and the Popp is secondary.

What in my case is that the Popp is prim now and Vera/Aeon-Labs is secondary now. Due to the SUC/SIS I am still able to add nodes to the network with my Aeon-Labs.

Let's make z-wave EZ
EzHome

Post by EzHome »

Starting scenes can be done by these kind of devices (at least in Vera, in Homeseer I don't know for sure), the Merten Impulsdrukker can do this by programing the 2 or 4 buttons and adding a scene to it like you can with a remote control.

These devices are actualy simple remote controls with 2 or 4 buttons.

Let's make z-wave EZ
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

This is how I did it:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.ph ... post882460

Just programmed another two wall-switches without any problem.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Willem,
thats good News.
Can you now trigger events?

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”