oxio e-meter (dutch related)

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Oxio is offering to me an Emeter for both gas and electricity monitoring - they will replaced the current traditional meters.
The readings will be transmitted by GPRS to this energy provider and available by Internet ...

Questions:

1. Anybody experience with this type of e-meters deliverd by Oxio ?
2. If so is there an external closure contact / light blinking to record the usage by an external device ?
3. Probably a problem in case you want to switch to another energy provider. This meter is property of Oxio and the new provider will may be charge for replacing the Oxio meter by there own meter. Anybody experience or advice ?

There is a lot of discussion/development on E-metering in Holland /
Europe.... intention to get a standard (NEN) This Oxio e-meter will not be the standard so anyway should be replaced in the future.

Henk
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Henk,

A while back I had the same proposal but could not get the answers as well. I don't want to give up realtime energy reading. If I can do the same with the Oxio Emeter it's alright with me, but there was no information on that part. Seems the information is still not there! Hope one of the members has OXIO?
Pieter
Henk

Post by Henk »

Some additional comments on the Oxxio e-metering:

1. Problem when using sun panels - the e-meter will not "turn-back"like a traditional meter in case of surplus of energy delivered by the panels.

2. In case other people will move into the house (like selling/renting) they are either forced to take the Oxxio as provider or replace the e-meter by a triditonal meter at extra cost. Although Essent claims they will take over the Oxxio meter.

3. Extra cost of using an E-meter of Euro 15/year

4. I have no technical specs but likely no connection possibilities to read this e-meter by an external device - because there is no need for it.

5. The E-provider can control the delivery of gas and electricity - even turning it completely off.

In general a lot of functionality has been proposed for the new generation E-metering - like load balancing - limiting the amount of energy / prepaid delivery / switching on/off heavy user devices.
(washing machine/dryers/airco). Also the way of communication between the e-meter and the provider has not been decided ... will it be all GPRS (wireless) or communication by the electricity network ... not likely the meters will use the consumer Internet connection - because of no control.
Antoon

Post by Antoon »

Hi Henk,
I have using the oxxio meter now for about 3 months.
There is a big red led on the fronts that blinks.
On your personel site you can vieuw the usage,see attachement.

Regards,
Antoon

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Verbruik.jpg<br />28.04 KB

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”