Automatically event when button pressed via Z-Wave ?

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Jodocus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jodocus »

Hi,

I'm thinking about using Z-Wave in my home. I've read a lot about the possibilities of Z-Wave but still have a question. I intend to write my own application with the ControlThink SDK, but I already know I have some event-driven activities. Is that possible ?

E.g. when I have a wall-mount button, and it is pressed will there be somekind of 'message' send that this buttons is pressed ?

Regards,
Alfred.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

@Alfred,
Welcome to this forum.
This is possible if you have a zwave module that will send the stratus else you have to check the status change via poll method.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
Jodocus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jodocus »

Hi,

It's good to be here... [:D]

I'll go ahead and purchase the device...and take the first steps with domotica and Z-Wave...
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Some devices allow you to associate with another device. These devices will send the change of a button instantaneously to the associated device (which could be you application) This works for me with e.g. an Everspring appliance module, but not with a POP appliance module (doesn't support association). Alternatively you could poll the devices like Chak suggests.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Which brands have the possibility of "instant feedback" a.k.a. no need for polling?

I have the home-pro zwave devices from act-solutions, which I believe do not have this capability. What I've seen is that the American version of the devices have undergone a update so they will have the instant feedback functionality (new device, not firmware updatable). Nowhere is mentioned that the European version is also updated for this feature. That either means it hasn't been updated or it's updated, but not marketed. Does anyone know more about this?

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”