Honeywell HCC80484X

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />Hi Guys,
I split the topic and moved it to the webcam section (hope you agree :-))
I also put an image of the camera to the topic of Willem (I think its the cam)
Willem is it possible to see the camera image on your 241q, can you open a stream for a while ?
Pieter
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">No problem Pieter, I will try to put something up next week. At the moment busy with other responsibilities, and suffering from a failed ADSL migration, i.e. not working anymore. Luckily i have 2 lines :-) but the second line (cable) is only for outgoing traffice ....
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Bwired »

No problem Time enough, take care
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Snelvuur »

Anyone any remarks about the picture i put up? Ow, and the topic is still dutch/english both now.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">snelvuur Posted - Today : 14:36:49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone any remarks about the picture i put up? Ow, and the topic is still dutch/English both now. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Yes lets try it to keep as much as possible in English. The for Sale section can be used in Dutch because this topic is only for if you have anything to sell!
You design looks good, few things. I'm a bit concerned about you using outside PTZ camera's, those camera's and housing are really expensive. You can use less better ones if they are hanging outside under a shelter. If you have a window you can use, placing a PTZ camera inside is an option as well. Your infrared camera for the frontdoor I probably would hang this as far out as possible because then you can see the hole place (frontdoor and garage). Your camera on the porch I would hang on the opposite side, then you can see the complete terrace and also the door.
BTW how did you make the design, which program.
Hope this helps
Regards Pieter
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Snelvuur »

terrace idea is good, i will change that. For the cam at the door, you mean installing it from the 2e floor so if it looks down, it looks down on the car + door?

Problem with the ptz as you can see, there is no window around that "sticks out" second floor does have a window but that will not show that much. If you place it in the corner like on the picture, you can look up and down the total street. (dont know how else to place it)

No program is used for the floorplan though, these plans where allready as a "example" living from the builders. I just took out the parts to show this ;-)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Bwired »

No I mean the camera which is opposite of your frontdoor, if you hang it as far as you can to the left then you can see a big part of your garage and the garage door. So if somebody is sneaking around there you will see it. Try to hang it so you have as less blind spots on your house.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Snelvuur »

Then i could just as well hang it from the roof down, then it would see the whole garage part + door + lawn part.
But i wont have a good picture of the person at the door (which is the main reason for the cam) Your new webcam at the door for instance would have 1 flaw, what if the postmen drops to his knees to put the post in? then you would not see him? Otherwise i could go for that approach too (which would be more what i want)
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

@Snelvuur General tip for empty pipes, and obviously if you can afford it. I know it is difficult to plan, but in a future house I would make sure i have at least 1 empty pipe to each bed room, and other purpose rooms (bathroom etc) to living rooms and atticks depending on the size at least one empty pipe on both sides of the room. Obviously all the empty pipes should go to your 'serverroom' or the room you designate as your serverroom (some people use their garage)

Now pay special attention to this (i was stupid enough to ignore it, still hitting myself on the head for it)

Make sure you have a fat pipe (or 2) going from side of the room the other other side (length wise and width wise) Why? quite simple you always have equipment on side, which you have to connect to equipment on the opposite side (e.g. hifi/home theather, and your speakers) your coax from your caibox to your tv etc etc. outlets always seems to be at wrong place in your house. Having pipes in place prevents you from laying cables around your livingroom (uggly, and low WAF*)

Do you have a shack in your backyard, make sure you have an empty pipe as well, also empty pipes to the edge of grounds (outdoor lights, cameras) could be helpfull.

I trust this give you enough food for thought. Always inspect your builders work, preferably each day (or as often as possible) once they start to work on the inside of your house (or earlier). Some unpleasant surprises simply can't be undone (i know from experience)

*WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Snelvuur »

Well i do have utp to every room in the house. And i did place the cai box on both sides of the room. My closet where the gas/electro stuff is, will also be the place for my home automation server. The rest will go inside the study room. An empty pipe for tubes from one side of the room to the other (for speakers) is indeed a good one. Problem with most houses is.. "the wife" as in, she will at some point in time change the living space. When this happens all cables are bad since you placed them according to when you started. However all the pipes for upt is only with 1 cable. So if i need some more in it, it is possible. Camera pipes are empty ofcourse still. Its really hard to come up with a plan/cabling that will fit your needs for the next years.

If you check my picture, i'am still thinking of not using the closet and placing the pc (with a 19inch small cabinet) in the "berging" where the dryer/washing machine is. Would you? Since the closet might be crowded/not enough ventilation?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Bwired »

Agree totally with Willem, I have a 50mm pipe going to my office :-) it holds now 8x cat5 and 2x coax.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Bwired »

I would not place it in the switchbox closet, only if you have a very small PC. Its making noise and getting very hot in the summer. Again I don't know the size of the closet but usually they are small:-)
What you also can do is connect groups of lights together. You can arrange that in the swithbox in the ceiling where you usually hang a lamp or something. With this adjustment you can switch a group of lights on with just one Xanura switch or Dimmer. Make a group of all the lights you really want on every night. It's also very handy when you manually switch the light on.
Pieter
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

Planning ahead is difficult ... At the moment i have my serverfarm in my study, but depending on the number of servers and other equipment (e.g. raid-array) this might be a bad idea. Its generate of lot of noise, and heat. During summertime I have difficulties keeping the temperature within its parameters.

The berging has your washer and dryer, they also generate heat (at least my dryer does, the little room is always very warm when the washer or dryer are doing their work)

At least make sure your room has enough ventilation and also maybe a small airco. Thinking about that, perhaps you can already install the piping for it (I have seen that in Spain in the apartments, the units are optional but the piping from the apartment to the roof, or wherever the outside unit is was already installed)

Maybe no straight answer to your questions, but again some sharing of experience which may help you in your decisions.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Digit »

Just another little advice: double the amount of empty pipes. You'll need them.
I (we...) bought our house 10 years ago, i arranged 1 extra empty pipe from the fuse cabinet to every room, but it turned out to not be enough. As willem already mentioned, especially mind those places where you have to go from one side of a floor to the other. How are you going to do that? Not.

My experience is that this is the most difficult. I have those "problems" now at the entrance, livingroom, kitchen, and so on. I know that everything that means more work (=meerwerk) for the builder will cost you a lot of money, but if you can afford it, don't save on it. It will saves you a lot of 'trouble' in the future [:)]
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Snelvuur »

i'am still waiting if i can place an airco (for the whole house). The dryer though does have a pipe going outside for the heat too. But i think a small 19inch cabinet is better. To give a clue about the size of the closet, i cant place a 16 port patch panel in there.. but i think it looks 10x nicer if i place all in the "berging" i can have a descent 19inch cabinet. I know of halve size cabinets, even the full size might be an option since those are easy to find compared to the half ones.. and if there is any noise, it is minimum since i can close that room. 1 descent pc + switch + some smaller things wont be a lot of heat i would suppose.

I still have a rideable airco unit, which i can just leave "on" so i can use an x10 module with it. So if the room gets hot, turn on the airco...?
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

I still have to refocus the camera ....

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”