Honeywell HCC80484X

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Snelvuur »

Not bad, not bad at all.. i wonder what the picture is at night..
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />Not bad, not bad at all.. i wonder what the picture is at night..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I will put one up later tonite.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Bwired »

Willem,
Is it easy to adjust the focus of this camera?
Is it possible to put a temporary stream so we can watch?
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />Willem,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Today I opened the camera to see the difference in range between 4 and 9 mm (obviously the focus was just fine before) focussing on digital devices is a bit akward (little bit of delay between action and result) To focus I have to open the camera (have to see if i can do it with camera attached to the wall) will do it later this week. Today I had an oppertunity to attach the camera etc. because i was home earlier as expected. At the moment it is very humid here (lots of rain) so i don't want to open the camera right now.

As for the stream Pieter requested, will do this once my ADSL is up and running again. Sofar I have spent 3 hours on the telephone with XS4ALL, but still no progress ....
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Bwired »

No hurry of course, it's a precise job to adjust your camera exact the right way, I know!
Good luck with your provider usually you need it :-) To be continued.....
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

Ok here is the 22:45 image, still not too bad ...
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

I was wondering, maybe one of you guys know. You can get infrared spots, will this work with any camera?
Richard

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Richard »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by willem4ever</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />Willem,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">...As for the stream Pieter requested, will do this once my ADSL is up and running again. Sofar I have spent 3 hours on the telephone with XS4ALL, but still no progress ....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">[offopic mode]
With 3 hour's you got lucky, last week they (XS4ALL) migrate me one week to early (From isp: Demon To isp: XS4ALL). After that was done, i had no internet anymore [:(].
(Just a perfect timing, i was online studying for my work at home... real handy to follow an online trainings course without an internet connection) [:(!])

One and a half day later (yes 1.5 day !), six hours calling with a cell phone, and 3 hours calling with the home phone later... i've got internet back again...

So my first experience with the XS4ALL helpdesk wasn't really good, i'm gonna file a complain letter (klacht) in with their customer services, XS4All's fault has cost me 12 free hours from work and a huge amount of calling minutes with their helpdesk. who's gonna pay that? (small change that they do anything with it, but's worth trying)

So don't worry about the three hours [;)]... if it stay's with that then you have some good luck [:D]

PS. Pieter, if this is too much offtopic can you move it too the right section, you can call it: "Richard's bedtime story's" [:D]
[/offtopic]
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Snelvuur »

[offtopic mode continue for richard's bedtime story's]
xs4all has been ok for me for years, no problems.. never.. only 1 thing.. dont call the helpdesk. If you land in that circle, its like telling a monkey how to install a router. I always have my backup vodafone umts card, which never left me down so far ;) enough to browse a domatica forum ;)

Xs4all does allow you to play with ipv6, have 2 phone numbers (voip via sip) and a News server. And you can put your own hostname (reversed dns too) on your adsl line ip. I rather have all the experimental stuff then planet.

p.s. the image in the dark is ok, but i suspected a bit better. It is according to the specs a nightcam too.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Snelvuur »

The HCD80 Series offers great functionality and superior picture quality around the clock when accompanied by external IR illumination. This discreet, bullet-style camera is perfect for architecturally sensitive applications. Catch all the action 24-hours a day using the True Day/Night camera. When the ambient light drops below a certain point, a mechanical filter within the camera switches and the camera changes from color to black and white.

The sleek, futuristic bullet styling is visually appealing, yet impact resistant. The attractive, polished machined aluminum enclosure comes with a protective sunhood. The HCD80 Series is designed with a clear flat viewing window to provide better picture quality.

The HCD80 is more secure than a box camera. It is difficult to knock out of position with its ball and socket design. Swivel the camera into place, then lock it down with the tamper resistant screws. This camera also boasts a discreet, track mount installation using locking security screws and concealed wiring so the wires cannot be cut or the camera tampered with or disconnected.

Sounds to me you should have seen a b/w picture at the night time?
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />The HCD80 Series offers great functionality and superior picture quality around the clock when accompanied by external IR illumination. This discreet, bullet-style camera is perfect for architecturally sensitive applications. Catch all the action 24-hours a day using the True Day/Night camera. When the ambient light drops below a certain point, a mechanical filter within the camera switches and the camera changes from color to black and white.

The sleek, futuristic bullet styling is visually appealing, yet impact resistant. The attractive, polished machined aluminum enclosure comes with a protective sunhood. The HCD80 Series is designed with a clear flat viewing window to provide better picture quality.

The HCD80 is more secure than a box camera. It is difficult to knock out of position with its ball and socket design. Swivel the camera into place, then lock it down with the tamper resistant screws. This camera also boasts a discreet, track mount installation using locking security screws and concealed wiring so the wires cannot be cut or the camera tampered with or disconnected.

Sounds to me you should have seen a b/w picture at the night time?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">That is the true day/nite version, I have the color version.
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

<br />[offtopic mode continue for richard's bedtime story's]
Xs4all does allow you to play with ipv6, have 2 phone numbers (voip via sip) and a News server. And you can put your own hostname (reversed dns too) on your adsl line ip. I rather have all the experimental stuff then planet.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I use it all .... i'm even running my own mailserver ...
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Richard</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by willem4ever</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />Willem,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">...As for the stream Pieter requested, will do this once my ADSL is up and running again. Sofar I have spent 3 hours on the telephone with XS4ALL, but still no progress ....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">[offopic mode]With 3 hour's you got lucky, last week they (XS4ALL) migrate me one week to early (From isp: Demon To isp: XS4ALL). After that was done, i had no internet anymore [:(].
(Just a perfect timing, i was online studying for my work at home... real handy to follow an online trainings course without an internet connection) [:(!])

One and a half day later (yes 1.5 day !), six hours calling with a cell phone, and 3 hours calling with the home phone later... i've got internet back again...

So my first experience with the XS4ALL helpdesk wasn't really good, i'm gonna file a complain letter (klacht) in with their customer services, XS4All's fault has cost me 12 free hours from work and a huge amount of calling minutes with their helpdesk. who's gonna pay that? (small change that they do anything with it, but's worth trying)

So don't worry about the three hours [;)]... if it stay's with that then you have some good luck [:D]

PS. Pieter, if this is too much offtopic can you move it too the right section, you can call it: "Richard's bedtime story's" [:D]
[/offtopic]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It all started after my migration last Thursday ... I even called sales yesterday and asked them if they value customer satisfaction. But the only thing she could do was to put me thru to the helpdesk ...
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Snelvuur »

willem, isn't the HCD80484 also a true day/night camera then?
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Honeywell HCC80484X

Post by Willem4ever »

<br />willem, isn't the HCD80484 also a true day/night camera then?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">There is 4 different models, the model I have is hi-res color, other models are low-res color, hi-res true day/night and low-res true day/night. The true day/night models have a different CCD which is a lot more expensive.

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”