FritzBox 7270 Firmware 54.04.76

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Since the latest update of the fritzbox firmware some functions are not working well.

- Dect is missing the call log
- FritzBox address box is difficult to access
- Wifi part is not that stable and will often disconnect

Did search for the previous version of the firmware on the net...but no success...:(

someone else with similar problems?

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
Twitter http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... tane.nl/wp</font id="size1">
j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

I'm using a IPv6 firmware to test IPv6 connectivity...

Dect missing in call log: how do you mean exactly? You mean calls made between handsets? Never used it, never missed...
I had no problems accessing the FB-page, I use it everyday. I also 'hacked' it a little to register the SIP-phone of my Spanish girlfriend, she can call me over the internet in HD.
Wifi sometimes doesn't work wel here either, I'm actually not sure if that's a windows vista thing or the FB. Using linux I don;t have any problem connecting and staying connected.

If you need a recover-image:
ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon ... c/english/
You got the original international english version and the ;atest before .76
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

thanks for the link

In the .67 version of the firmware every missed call was logged on the dect phones.
I have to click 6 times to see the internal phone book in firmware version .76
Sometimes my wifi cameras and the iphone will not connect,
After restarting the wifi radio on the fritz it will work again.

Twitter http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... tane.nl/wp</font id="size1">
j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TANE</i>
<br />thanks for the link

In the .67 version of the firmware every missed call was logged on the dect phones.
I have to click 6 times to see the internal phone book in firmware version .76
Sometimes my wifi cameras and the iphone will not connect,
After restarting the wifi radio on the fritz it will work again.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hmmm, I do get a blinking light on the handsets I use, siemens S67 and C47.
I switch wifi off at night so save some energy, might not be possible with wifi-cam ;)
mo046

Post by mo046 »

I had the same problem with the new firmware. A lot of DECT features that worked perfectly with the previous firmware version suddenly don't work properly anymore: missed call and voicemail notification, handset name, easy access to voicemailbox, etc. I had a reply from AVM Support that these issues are being worked on to fix in future releases. But untill then you might access some of the features by pressing the navigation button twice to the left (= twice "INT").

** Maurice **
Ruud
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Ruud »

Yep same here :-(

Ruud
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Enver, I thought I warned you:-(

Rene.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

yep Rene...your problem was address book..this is working on my system..but not that easy.

thanks all for the replays
Best is to use the firmware version .67 and wait for the next update.

From a company like AVM you don't aspect this kind of bugs or a very quick update to the next release

TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

What are the options for the downgrade?
When use the file listed above it will also reset all the settings...this is something that I don't want to do.

j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

I hope you saved settings before the upgrade, otherwise it's printscreens or writing the settings down...
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

okay..printscreen
grrr...AVM

j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

To be fair, I didn't encounter much consumer-routers that where as easy for upgrading, all of them need resetting and then reconfiguration. If you do save a copy of the firmware, be sure to save the settings with password. Then you can reload them.
I make a habbit of saving the settings every couple of weeks and keep settings of stable firmwares longer.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

you are correct about that...
but this kind of bugs in a firmware is not showing the professional side of AVM

evja78

Post by evja78 »

Exactly same issues here using Siemens Gigasets. Raised a ticket with AVM support and was told they could not guarantuee this working for all types of dect sets, and to use the workarounds (none?) or downgrade. Challenged them that Siemens gigasets are not an exotic kind of handset and that it was working fine with previous .67. Response was that thell look at for a future release. I really like the 7270 and its features but this type of support is really CRAP. I downgraded OK and fortunately had a saved config. Ill be very carefull with their next firmware and make sure I have a saved config and a way out of the upgrade. I hope AVM get their act together as it is a nice product.

Evja
j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

I got bad sound-quality on a C47 handset as well, I didn't raise a ticket because I use a laboratory version of firmware. The next version for the FB7270 is expected soon for German models, I hope the international doesn't take too long after that. They changed a lot in the DECT-firmware, I hope the quality with the C47 changed for the better even though I hardly use it.
Otherwise I hope they upgrade the IPv6-version of the firmware soon after that. They seem to keep international version and german version of thtat firmware almost in sync.

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”