New Domoticaforum in progress

Forum about News and things to know about the Bwired Forum will be placed here.

Moderator: TheHogNL

phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

If I may give my input on the language so I would like to keep it or to made a forum for HS and for over all other question in Dutch.
Because I think more of the users are Dutch (I think sorry if Im wrong ;-) )

Otherwise is it possible to made a translator plug-in like google for translate from Dutch to Enlish because Im using this now for response it ;-)

For the new forum software nice draft.
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Looks very nice.

I prefer English for almost all but any case NOT for Homeseer. This is specific for Dutch users that have problems to describe HS problems or ask their questions in English.
For people that prefer English they can use the Homeseer forum: board.homeseer.com It is also not useful to duplicate an English forum.
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

I prefer English for all <b>possible </b> topics because that way people from all over the world can contribute, which is better for everybody.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

Just place all "dutch" forums seperate, down at the bottom. That way english people always see the "normal" part first.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

Looks good!

I'd prefer English, except for Homeseer general. It think the Homeseer board is a nice platform for international topics on Homeseer and not all the Dutch people are that literate in English. Although sections for plugins should be in English because the Homeseer board does not offer any room for those.

Oh well... either way would be fine.
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

i'll go for english. perhaps an exeption for hs because you could always go to board.homeseer.com
Makes it easy when searching for something. now you have to search wtice, one in english and one in dutch

** edwin **
Noel

Post by Noel »

So.. Should we start using it now, or wait for you to finish importing the old Snitz DB?

--

Never start anything you can't fi
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

please wait until I give to the GO, still have some issues to solve
then I empty the database and convert again with a script.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Pieter Knuvers
http://www.bwired.nl <i>Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.</i></font id="size1">
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

"I know the eye wants something too" (het oog wil ook wat ;-) but the information is the most important to me.
English is fine for me (less confusing) and as long as "Domotica and Dineren" dutch language will be allowed.
Will there also be a domoticaforum.eu/mobile?

**Jeroen**
Noel

Post by Noel »

a phpBB mobile addon: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbbmobileaddo/

--

Never start anything you can't fi
Ruud
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Ruud »

Nice job Pieter, But i agree with Bert.
Keep the homeseer part Dutch.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by b_weijenberg</i>
<br />Looks very nice.

I prefer English for almost all but any case NOT for Homeseer. This is specific for Dutch users that have problems to describe HS problems or ask their questions in English.
For people that prefer English they can use the Homeseer forum: board.homeseer.com It is also not useful to duplicate an English forum.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Ruud
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

at least enough advise and people to get cool stuff in http://www.phpbbservice.nl/

whats also really cheeky, "you have visted the site now 5 times, please register to see the rest" but i do have to say i hate those sites (google cache to the rescue)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

mmm, you are missing something i guess. Check the member area. There are only few non-NL members. How much traffic do you get from outside NL? I'm not against English but looking closely and the active users are mostly NL, so why doing so much effort when not many non-NL users going to this website. Otherwise make more effort in getting this site on top for non-NL users. The target is Worldwide, but the stats are telling me something else.

Alexander
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

the first 6 member pages are foreign, and if we go to dutch we totally shut them out.
I think its good to keep HS in dutch or english, member can choose, chak has his dutch workshops there as well and a lot off effort is done in these topic. So good to honor that.
Same goes for "For Sale"
All other will be English again.
I have now the ability to create subgroups and closed groups (domoticaclub) and make it more clear.
Tonigh I fixed again some issues with smilies and included images, so getting along good.
More later and keep the input coming :-)
Thanks.Pieter

ps: Googlebot settings are working good, google is already busy on the new site :-)

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Pieter Knuvers
http://www.bwired.nl <i>Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.</i></font id="size1">
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Hi Pieter,

Looks very cool, but seems a bit slower. Guess you have to do some more tweaking.

Return to “News Forum”