DMX beginner questions

Forum about LEDS, LED lights, DMX and other lights.

Moderator: Mversluis

jheerink

DMX beginner questions

Post by jheerink »

Maybe a forum member can help me out.

i,am working as a vollunteer on a public school managing some technical issues.

Were planning to upgrade our light system in the next year. At the moment we only have
to mobile-masts and 4 PAR lights and cable connected control unit.

We want to expand/renew the system by making a fixed installation on the ceiling,
consisting of around 12/16 par lights (probably LED) and some other spots etc. With the possibility
to later expand it with other stuff. The question is how to control the lights,It,s no problem to get 220 there
but how to control the lights. Our present system uses 2 thick 220v cables to the control box but there
mmust be an other way to fix this .
Can anybody give a hint what would work/ or website adress were we could find this info ?
Mversluis

Re: DMX beginner questions

Post by Mversluis »

Hi Jheerink,

I can give you some advise , I have worked for a long time in the theater / bands and pop stage world.

There a a few most importend points to make :

First of all it will be a public place , pls be carefull with safety. There are a number of mandetory safety instructions for those.

Second of all wich are the requierments of the equipment , how to controlling and maby expanding in the future.
I would think there a some teachers / or parents wo will be able to controll the environments.

I can give you some free advise , but we are also able to help you with selecting suppliers to buy some stuff.
Because my large network in this world we are able to give some good / fair advice.

Pls contact me true a Pm / or website.

Best regards.
Marco
jheerink

Re: DMX beginner questions

Post by jheerink »

Thanks sent you a mail (could not find a PM in the new forum so used website address info

Return to “LEDS, DMX & Lights Forum”